Part 3

3

After having three days off, Dae-young kept his words to meet the General and told him about his engagement to Myeong Ju.

"You already proposed to her?" the General asked when Dae-young came to his office.

"Yes, sir."

General Yoon only nodded several times and looked at Dae-young. "I'll tell Myeong Ju's mother about this and to prepare for your wedding. I must say, since Yoo Si Jin's wedding, I want to do the same thing for you and my daughter. You don't mind with military wedding, do you?"

"No, sir and thank you, sir."

"Good." And then, the General smiled. "If I may ask, how did you propose to Myeong Ju? With taking her to dinner?"

Dae-young cleared his throat. Major Yoo was right, the General might not be pleased with how he asked Myeong Ju to marry him.

"No, sir. I proposed to her at the place Major Yoo and I usually went together with me wearing dress uniform."

The General raised eyebrows. "Dress uniform?"

"I asked Major Yoo how he proposed to Dr. Kang and I just...follow him."

General Yoon only took a deep breath. "I see." He looked again at Dae-young. "As your soon-to-be-father, I want to tell you congratulations. I hope the best for your wedding with my daughter."

Dae-young smiled. "Thank you, sir...father."

The General only smiled slightly.

At lunch time, Si Jin took his tray and sat on a table along with other soldiers. When he was about to eat his lunch, Joon Ha put his tray on the table and sat across the Major. Si Jin raised his eyebrows.

"Sir," Joon Ha greeted.

Si Jin smiled and started to eat his lunch.

Joon Ha fiddled with his spoon before staring at Si Jin. "If I may ask, sir, how did you have relationship with Dr. Kang?"

Si Jin almost choked his food while Joon Ha's eyes widened. The other soldiers watched them with curiosity.

"What?" the Major asked in disbelief.

"I'm just curious, sir," Joon Ha said again.

"I once told one of my men that he was about to swap curiosity with his life and I don't really want to do that with you, Captain Lee."

Joon Ha smiled. "I'm sorry if I offended you, sir."

"Gosh...you nearly choked me to death." Si Jin took a deep breath. "Did my former team tell you?"

"I heard stories," the Captain answered, "about you met with Dr. Kang before Urk, how you defied the rules for her twice, and how the soldiers in the camp used to bet about you and Dr. Kang."

"Huh?"

"That's beside the point, sir. In my opinion, it's better if I know this from yourself."

Si Jin blew a breath animatedly and tilted his head, watching the Captain in front of him. He smiled. "You don't want to know about how I have a relationship, do you, Captain? You want to know how my relationship and Dr. Kang can work."

Joon Ha smiled back. "I know I can't fooled the former Captain of Team Alpha."

"Is this about the cute nurse in Haesung?"

Joon Ha blinked. "How did you..."

"My wife told me she met you at the hospital. I must admit I was surprised, I thought you were there to see her."