Part 18

Geongang = good health in Korean

***

Epilogue

Nine Years Later

Mo Yeon put her working bag on her desk on the small room where she was staying for a week on a mission in Vietnam assigned by WHO. Yes, she joined them, but being stationed in Korea. It was quite a teary farewell party with her friends in Haesung when she informed them that she resigned from the hospital. Director Han was beside himself when finally Mo Yeon handed him her resignation letter. He was expecting her to return the next day and changed her mind, but of course, it didn't happened. Being assigned in reputable organization, it was quite a task since she just gave birth to Yeon Jin, thankfully her new office understood and she could have any time she needed to be with her daughter. Those were times when she really needed her mother's help to watch over Yeon Jin when Si Jin couldn't also be at home.

Speaking about home, her and Si Jin finally moved to their own house when her pregnancy reached almost seventh month. It was comical to see Si Jin ordered some of the officers from the army to help them moved their things to their new house.

Mo Yeon turned her laptop on and waited until she clicked the Skype icon. On her laptop screen, a girl clapped her hands when their eyes met.

"Mom!" she said happily.

The doctor smiled. "Yeon Jin, where's your father?"

"He's in the house somewhere. Dong Jin made Dad had to chase him around the house for playing with the toothpaste."

Mo Yeon blinked. "What?"

And then, Si Jin appeared on the screen with his boyish grin, making Mo Yeon's heart fluttered in her chest. 10 years of marriage and her husband could still make her felt that way.

"Hi, honey," he said. "Sorry, Dong Jin keeps me busy."

"I can see that."

Three years after Yeon Jin was born, Mo Yeon gave birth to a son, Yoo Min Jin, and two years after the birth of Min Jin, also a son, Yoo Dong Jin. Her daughter was proudly claimed herself as the big sister who would protect her younger brothers. Mo Yeon could guess where Yeon Jin could have the thought of protecting her siblings, she was her father's daughter after all.

"Yeon Jin, Mom looks beautiful, doesn't she?" Si Jin asked their daughter.

Yeon Jin grinned and nodded. "Mom looks beautiful everyday, Dad."

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. "Where did you learn your flattery, young lady?"

"She is sly, just like her mother," Si Jin answered, his eyes glinted, while Mo Yeon could only chuckled.

The doctor sighed. "I really missed you all. Yeon Jin, you're being a good girl to Dad, aren't you?"

"Yes, Mom," her daughter answered proudly. "I play together with Dad and brothers. We play punch and kick."

Si Jin's face changed when he heard Yeon Jin.

"Ah..." Mo Yeon said knowingly. "Punch and kick? Sounds interesting."

"It is," Yeon Jin said in return, oblivious on her father's panic face. "Dad said I can do that to bad people."

"Uh...Yeon Jin, go play with your brothers. Dad wants to speak with Mom," Si Jin said hurriedly to her daughter.

"But, I still want to tell Mom about what you had taught me," Yeon Jin pouted.

"I agree with Yeon Jin," Mo Yeon replied, sending daggers through her eyes to her husband while the latter could only grimaced. And then, she turned to her daughter. "So, you want to kick bad people just like Dad?"