Part 16

16

"Hello?"

"Dr. Kang?"

The doctor furrowed her eyebrows, sensing the one who called her was not Korean.

"Yes?"

"It's me, James, the UN doctor. Can we talk about the WHO offer?"

Time seemed to stop for Mo Yeon when she heard James' voice. She knew they would call her sooner or later, she just didn't expect it to become this sooner because she hadn't prepared any answers and she hadn't made the decision yet. Added the fact she was pregnant, that also made everything became complicated.

"Hello? Dr. Kang?"

Mo Yeon was brought back to reality. "Umm...yes?"

"I'm James."

"Yeah, I heard you," Mo Yeon answered sheepishly. "What is it, Dr. James?"

"How are you, Doctor? It's really nice to hear your voice."

"I'm doing fine. How about you? What brings you to call me?"

"I'm fine as well. Anyway, Dr. Margaret Chan would like to hear about your decision for her offer about joining WHO, Dr. Kang. Do you already made your decision?"

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. "Honestly, no. Not yet."

"I'll be on Korea next month. We can meet at WHO regional office there and you can tell me your decision. Is that alright with you?"

The doctor could only nodded. "Yes."

"That's good. I'll contact you later. Good day, Dr. Kang."

And James disconnected the call, leaving Mo Yeon stood motionless while gripping her phone. What should she do?

"Who was that?"

Mo Yeon almost jumped in surprise when she heard Si Jin's voice. She looked up to see him watching her. Again, Mo Yeon forgot how stealthily Si Jin could become.

"Who?"

"The one who called you."

"It's nobody."

Si Jin chuckled. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Yes," Mo Yeon answered without thinking.

"If I apologize to you, will you tell me who it was?"

"If you apologize to me, do you mean it?"

Si Jin sighed and stepped closer to his wife while the latter only watching him. "What do I have to do to prove you that you're the only one in my heart? I even didn't enjoy my blind date."

"That explained your smiling face."

"Do you think it's proper to give a sad face for my picture? I was just trying to be nice."

"Too nice."

The Major blew a breath. He had said dealing with his wife or Myeong Ju was deadlier than any of his missions once and apparently it proved to be right again.

"Can we not talk about this now? We're on our friend's wedding," Si Jin finally said.

"No, we should talk about this now since someone just brought it up," Mo Yeon said stubbornly.

Si Jin took another deep breath again. "Any normal men will also get angry in a situation like this, but I won't do that."

"What will you do, then?" The doctor challenging him.