Part 7

7

Myeong Ju was in her office when she heard a knock on her door. She looked up to see Dae-young stood on the door. When their eyes met, the Sergeant gave her a salute and Myeong Ju replied. She approached her fiancé and gave him a hug. She knew why he was in her office.

"When will you go?" she asked.

"This afternoon," Dae-young replied.

Myeong Ju blew a breath. "I don't know if I should resent the Major's wife or not for making you have to do missions when we're about to get married."

The Sergeant only smiled. "I know you're worried about her too."

Myeong Ju chuckled and released her hug. "Keep yourself safe just like you'll keep her and Major Yoo safe."

"I will."

Both of them smiled at each other before the Sergeant leaned down and gave Myeong Ju a kiss.

In Haesung, Mo Yeon was about to go home when she saw Nurse Choi was sitting on one of the chairs on the waiting hall with dejected expression. Later, she took the young nurse to the hospital's roof and they both stood next to each other.

"Why is he always have dangerous missions?" Nurse Choi said in low voice.

Mo Yeon looked at the nurse and smiled. "Who? Captain Lee or my husband?"

Nurse Choi laughed lightly. "Of course, it's Captain Lee, Dr. Kang. How can I talk about Major Yoo? He's your husband."

The doctor patted Nurse Choi's head lovingly. "Aww...this baby finally falls in love."

The latter caused Nurse Choi to blush. "I'm...I'm not."

"You're not?"

The nurse only blew a breath and covered her face with her hands. "I don't know," she said in defeat. She looked at Mo Yeon. "Why do you decide to be with Major Yoo even though what he does is dangerous, Dr. Kang?"

"Because I love him," Mo Yeon answered instantly.

Nurse Choi blinked. "Just like that?"

Mo Yeon smiled wistfully. "It's because I love a man with the heart of a soldier. That's the one thing I love about him. He does dangerous missions as a part of him being a soldier and his honor to serve his country." The doctor looked again at the nurse. "It's also what makes me proud of him."

"Don't you wish he does something less dangerous?" The nurse asked again.

The doctor pursed her lips. "Well, I had this conversation with him when I just arrived in Urk. Even then, I knew I won't be attracted to him if he was not a soldier."

"Oh."

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. "The one who kidnapped me in Urk was a former soldier."

"Eh?"

Mo Yeon smiled. "I tell you this now because sooner or later Captain Lee will tell you." She took another deep breath. "When I was in captivity, I saw how he was. He looked so lost, and even his own country resented him. I couldn't imagine if that happened to Si Jin, being someone who was entirely different, being a criminal. It was the moment when I understood the honor of being a soldier despite on what he did."

"It's just..." Nurse Choi sighed. "I'm just afraid he will get hurt."

The doctor patted the young nurse's shoulder. "Well, you can tend to his wounds. Si Jin always does that. Sometimes I wonder if he gets hurt intentionally to have me treat him as his doctor."