Part 2

2

In the other side of the town, at dal.komm Coffee, Myeong Ju sat across from Dae-young who was wearing his dress uniform. The General's daughter raised her eyebrows.

"Why did you wear that? Do you have any discipline measures?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, Ma'am. Actually, I asked Major Yoo how he proposed to Dr. Kang."

Myeong Ju blinked. "What?"

"I want to do something different, but I can't seem to find any solutions. The point is..." Dae-young stared at Myeong Ju. "Yoon Myeong Ju, may I ask your hand in marriage?"

Myeong Ju froze.

Ever since she had relationship with Dae-young, she always dream of being purposed by her man, but when it happened, she only could stare back at him in shock.

"You...were asking me to marry you?"

Dae-young stared back at her, showing her the ring. The Sergeant, like Si Jin, also followed the military tradition, by giving the miniature of his class ring to his fiancee.

"You really did, didn't you?"

"You said I can propose to you after seeing you wearing your bridesmaid gown. You were so beautiful that day. I apologize it takes me a while to do this for I don't know how to do a perfect way to ask your hand in marriage," the Sergeant said.

Myeong Ju raised her eyebrows. "And then, you asked Major Yoo?" She blew a breath. "Gosh...he is so cliche and I can't believe Mo Yeon said yes over a lame proposal."

Dae-young looked at Myeong Ju nervously. "Are you not pleased with the way I propose to you?"

The General's daughter only smiled. "No, you silly man."

"No?"

"No, it's not because of that."

"So, it's a yes?"

"I didn't say it."

"Oh."

Dae-young's shoulders slumped while Myeong Ju watched the Sergeant before rose from her seat and walked around the table to stand in front of him. She shoved her left fingers at Dae-young.

"Don't you want to put the ring on me?" she asked.

Dae-young blinked and turned his head sharply at Myeong Ju. She smiled tenderly at him and the Sergeant realized she accepted his proposal with her usual way. Slowly, he rose from his seat and put the ring on Myeong Ju's ring finger before the General's daughter pulled him to her and kissed him. Some customers were giving them catcalls while the servant who recognized the Sergeant only sighed.

"This is the second time a man propose his woman in this place."

***

Nearly midnight, Mo Yeon's phone buzzed and the owner of the phone tried to open her eyes. It was hard to do while being cocooned by Si Jin behind her under the blanket after spending quite time showing their love to each other. When Mo Yeon was trying to move, Si Jin only stirred and wrapped her body closer to him. Her phone was still buzzing and with effort, she finally could free from Si Jin's arms, causing her husband to open his eyes too.

Mo Yeon grabbed her phone on the bedside table and squinted her eyes to see the caller ID.

"Myeong Ju?"

Si Jin raised his eyebrows. "Why would she call you in this hour?"

Mo Yeon shrugged and wrapped herself with the blanket before answering the phone.