Part 13

13

"What is her problem?" Myeong Ju asked Mo Yeon when they were having lunch the next day after receiving the wedding invitation from Dr. Song.

Mo Yeon shrugged. She knew Myeong Ju was talking about Dr. Kim. "I never knew what her problem is. She always like that with me. Her parents are highly respected by Haesung board. She gets almost everything by connections. One of her patients' family almost sued her from wrong diagnose if it wasn't for me."

"I bet if it was not because of her parents, she wouldn't even step her feet on Haesung."

"Now, you understand."

"Does she always annoy you like that?"

"Always, every time, anytime."

"Are you sure you can handle it? I mean, you're pregnant now. Don't let her stressed you out."

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. "I'm pregnant, not invalid. I can handle her before I'm pregnant and I can do it again while I'm pregnant."

Myeong Ju pursed her lips. "Hmm...let's do some make-overs."

"The things involve my not-yet-big belly and Dr. Song's wedding?"

The General's daughter grinned. "Exactly."

"And what is that?"

"We're going to make it a day to remember."

Mo Yeon stared at Myeong Ju in disbelief. "I don't like this at all."

At night, Si Jin called Mo Yeon and the doctor told him about Dr. Song's wedding.

"I'm sorry, I can't come with you to the wedding."

Mo Yeon smiled. "Don't worry. I'll go with Sergeant Major Seo and Myeong Ju."

"You've learned." She could hear the surprise on Si Jin's voice when she mentioned Sergeant Seo's new title.

"I promised to learn, didn't I?"

"Is this another way for you to show your charm again?"

"Maybe."

Mo Yeon heard Si Jin chuckled. "I really missed you and our little one."

The doctor smiled wistfully. "We'll see each other again in two months." And then, she gasped. "Oh, right. In two months, isn't it our...first anniversary?" Mo Yeon's cheeks were blushing.

"If I think of it, I'm glad my deployment is over before our anniversary." And then, Si Jin's voice turned very soft. "Do you have any plans for that day?"

"Eh?" Mo Yeon blinked. "I don't know...I mean, not yet. How about you?"

"I can think of something."

The doctor chuckled. "Don't try so hard to be more romantic than Sergeant Major Seo."

"As the matter of fact, that's what I'm trying to do."

Mo Yeon smiled. "I missed you too."

"When are you going to have your check up? Let me know, ok?"

"I'll have my check up after Dr. Song's wedding. Myeong Ju is planning something for me for that day."

"What kind of plan? She's not planning to have another man to accompany you, right?" Mo Yeon could sense Si Jin's jealousy.

Mo Yeon pursed her lips. "Um...no?"

"That didn't sound so convincing."

"Call Myeong Ju, then, to convince you."