Part 9

Disclaimer:

Dr. Margaret Chan is the real head of WHO. Using her name in this story is purely fictional purpose, no intention to disrespect her in any forms.

***

9

WHO sent someone to escort both Si Jin and Mo Yeon to their office. Mo Yeon sat on the back while Si Jin next to the driver on the front seats. The doctor enjoyed the scenery outside the window, a bit nervous for she would meet the head of WHO. Mo Yeon browsed the internet about Dr. Margaret Chan, the Director of WHO. She was a brilliant doctor and after reading her achievements, it was an honor for Mo Yeon to meet her. Si Jin glanced at his wife through the rear-view mirror and smiled slightly watching her looking outside the window.

She was extremely pretty today.

When they arrived, Mo Yeon blinked and gaped when she saw the building. It was exactly like the pictures she had seen on the internet.

The driver smiled and said to both Mo Yeon and Si Jin, "Welcome to WHO headquarters."

"Wow..." Mo Yeon breathed.

They both got out from the car and the driver escorted them to the main lobby. James, the UN doctor, already waited for Mo Yeon.

"Dr. Kang," he greeted.

Mo Yeon smiled and James looked at Si Jin, recognizing him as the soldier who gave Mo Yeon company the last time they met in Urk.

James grinned. "So, is this the soldier husband?"

The female doctor blushed while Si Jin smiled and shook James' hand. "It's very nice to meet you again, Doctor," the Major said.

"I told Dr. Kang I wish I could say my congratulations to you for your wedding and I'm glad this could happen. Congratulations to both of you," James said again.

"Thank you," Mo Yeon replied.

"So, please, follow me. I'll give you a tour before meeting the Director," the UN doctor gestured to Si Jin and Mo Yeon to follow him.

James showed the WHO office to his guests, the main lobby, cubicles, cafeteria, meeting rooms, documents rooms, research rooms, and public halls. Mo Yeon looked at her surroundings with awe. Never she imagined she could step into WHO office since she became a doctor. They finally stopped at a huge door and Mo Yeon turned nervous when she realized this was the office of the Director. James knocked the door and got inside, leaving Mo Yeon and Si Jin, to get permission for Mo Yeon to meet Dr. Chan.

"Are you nervous?" Si Jin asked his wife.

Mo Yeon blew a breath. "It's a lie if I say I don't."

Si Jin only smiled, remembering he also said the same thing to Dae-young on his wedding day.

And then, James appeared on the door and said to Mo Yeon, "The Director is ready to meet you."

Mo Yeon took a deep breath and glanced at Si Jin, the latter smiled encouragingly at her and the doctor smiled back before getting in into the office. It was different from Director Han's office in Haesung, Dr. Chan's was bigger, a WHO flag in the middle of the room, a desk with computer, cupboards full with folders, a TV, and a huge table with a lot of chairs.

Dr. Margaret Chan, the head of WHO, smiled at Mo Yeon and rose from her chair with friendly and warm smile.

"Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Margaret Chan, the Director of WHO," she said with extended hand to shake Mo Yeon's.