Part 17

17

Director Han was looking at the papers in front of him and had a long sigh before his secretary told him the meeting room was ready. He was on his way for an emergency meeting to discuss one of his doctors. Once he arrived, the room already filled with the members of the board and also senior doctors. They all greeted him when he entered the room.

"These are the patients who reported their complaints for Dr. Kim Eun-ji," The Director said. "Haesung's reputation becomes public attention now, not to mention with the complaints from the viewers of our show."

"Is Dr. Kang still being her supervisor?" One of them asked.

Director Han shook his head. "No, she refused the task after several months and now, I hear she's pregnant." His heart clenched a bit when he mentioned the last part. Han Suk-won must admitted he had special feelings for the beautiful doctor and it was all too late for his foolish act and the fact that she was married to a soldier.

And not just a soldier, but a Special Forces member.

Ha also heard about the encounter between Dr. Kang, her husband, and Dr. Kim's parents. He heard about how the soldier protected her and he knew he must be careful not to cause a Major from Special Forces decided to give him a visit.

"What are you going to do, Director?"

The Chairman of Haesung looked deep in thought. "If this case was for another doctor, he or she will be fired, but Dr. Kim's parents have major influence in this hospital. We must proceed this case slowly."

"Are you going to ask Dr. Kang to..."

"No," The Director answered hastily. The image of the Major gave him a visit chilled him to the bone. "I think I'll put Dr. Kim on the regular department without any surgeries or patients who need specific diagnoses."

"But, she's a professor."

"And that means I need to do something about her title too."

The room went silent.

Director Han took a deep breath. "Dr. Kang is not only known as the most capable doctor here, but her skill is also known outside Korea. Even WHO knows her. I'm sure WHO already knew about this case."

All the meeting attendees could only gaped.

"What do you suggest, Director? Are you suggesting Dr. Kang should replace Dr. Kim in VIP ward?"

Han Suk-won took a deep breath. "Give Dr. Kang her professor title and put Dr. Kim on regular department."

The Chairman's decision, of course, causing Dr. Kim felt both embarrassed and angry. She was complaining with tearful eyes in his office, and Mo Yeon was there too, only looking at her emotionless.

"Are you saying you're going to release my title and put me on regular department? That department is only for patients who have flu and fever," Dr. Kim said in high voice. She, then, pointed at Mo Yeon. "And she's the one who's going to replace me in the VIP ward? Look at her. She's already big enough with her belly."

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm four months pregnant. I'm not that big."

"You will be in the next two months," Dr. Kim said again stubbornly.

"Are you jealous?"

"Why would I feel jealous to a woman who will gain weight soon?"

"Not that. Are you jealous about the VIP ward?"

Dr. Kim blinked and answered stubbornly, "No."

"Or are you jealous because I'm going to have a child with a handsome man as the father?" Mo Yeon asked while grinning.