Part 4

4

Si Jin went home early after receiving the order from the Colonel. He was contemplated how to tell his wife about his dispatchment. He knew this was different from his last three months mission which was causing the news of his death, Dr. Kang didn't need to be worry. But, still, leaving someone you deeply cared and loved was never easy, even for a soldier. When Si Jin arrived, it was quiet, but he knew Dr. Kang was home for her shoes were behind the door. He looked up in their room and saw his wife was sleeping with the blanket on. The one thing that caught his eyes was not the sleeping figure of his wife, but two bottles of medicines on the bedside table.

He quickly approached the table and saw those were antibiotic and a medicine for headache. Si Jin put his hand over Mo Yeon's forehead, her temperature was normal. So, what was the headache medicine for?

Si Jin sat on the bed and looked at his wife closely. She looked very tired and his heart clenched. How was he suppose to leave his wife like this when she needed him the most?

Taking a deep breath, Si Jin tried to wake Mo Yeon. "Dr. Kang..."

After several attempts, Mo Yeon stirred and opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw her husband. "Hey, you're home."

Si Jin frowned. "Are you sick? Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's only a headache. I'm fine," Mo Yeon tried to sit on the bed with Si Jin's help.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

Mo Yeon nodded, the effect of the medicine still getting on her. "Why are you home early?"

Si Jin took a deep breath and looked at Mo Yeon. "I need to tell you something, but first you need to eat."

Mo Yeon frowned. "I don't really want to."

"But, you need to eat. Please...for me."

The doctor was rarely seeing Si Jin with his pleading face. She thought it was a joke, but when she saw his eyes, it was sincere and he was worried about her. She tried to smile. "Ok."

Si Jin smiled back. "Ok. I'm calling for food delivery. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine," Mo Yeon answered while closing her eyes, her headache started again.

The Major looked at his wife with worry. As long as he knew Mo Yeon, she had never been sick. She even immuned to the M3 virus. Why a simple headache could turn her so weak?

Without taking his eyes off of his wife, Si Jin ordered a take out and changed his uniform to a more comfortable clothes after having a shower. Mo Yeon was still on the bed with her eyes closed, unmoving. When his order arrived, Si Jin took it to their bedroom and shook his wife's body in order to wake her up again. Mo Yeon slowly opened her eyes and smiled. They ate in silence and Si Jin watched his wife until she finished eating. After they finished, Si Jin cleaned up their take outs, helped Mo Yeon took her medicine, and lay himself on the bed next to his wife. Mo Yeon scooted closer and wrapped her arm on Si Jin's waist.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" she asked.

Si Jin went silent.

Mo Yeon furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her husband. "What is it? Another mission?"

He shook his head. "No, it's not." He looked at his wife's eyes. "I'm dispatched to Urk."

Silence.

"How long?"

Si Jin took a deep breath. "Four months."

"Oh."

Mo Yeon lay her head back on the pillow, closing her eyes.