Part 12

12

Nurse Choi finished her round and her shift, and was about to go home, when she saw Joon Ha. The young nurse stopped on her feet, her heart turned erratic. The Captain, in the other hand, only smiled when he saw the young lady. They didn't communicate after that faithful text message and after he returned to Korea, Joon Ha decided to make everything clear between him and the nurse. He wanted to have a relationship with her, the strong one like Major Yoo shared with Dr. Kang. Joon Ha saw how the Major and his wife protected each other with their own way, and he must admitted, seeing him making out with his wife brought the man instinct on Joon Ha to have someone he could share his passion and love.

Major Yoo once said to him, he needed to figure out what kind of relationship he wanted to have with Min-ji and he found the answer.

"Captain...Lee?" Nurse Choi stuttered, her cheeks blushed.

Joon Ha smiled and aprroached her. "I'm coming here to see you. I know you're having a night shift."

The young nurse furrowed her eyebrows. "How did you..." She sighed.

The Captain stared at her with smile on his eyes.

"Are you stalking me?" Nurse Choi asked, a bit annoyed while still blushing.

Joon Ha chuckled. "No, it's just a habit as Special Forces, to know everything about your opponent."

Nurse Choi blinked. "Opponent?"

The Captain realized his mistake and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. That was not what I meant." He composed himself and smiled. "Do you want to have a coffee with me?"

The young nurse slowly smiled and nodded. "Let me report to my department first and changed my uniform."

Joon Ha nodded in agreement.

They finally had their coffee together and still in awkward situation before Nurse Choi was the one who broke the tension.

"When did you return? How was your mission? How is Dr. Kang? I don't see her today," the nurse said.

"I arrived yesterday and I have two days off. As for mission, it was a success. I don't know about Dr. Kang. I think she still has her day off. The long flight is quite exhausting for a pregnant woman," Joon Ha answered.

Nurse Choi leaned closer on the table. Her expressive eyes caught Joon Ha off guard. "How did you know she is pregnant?"

The Captain only chuckled, remembering the broadcast event in Switzerland. "By accident. We heard her and Major Yoo talked about it from our communicator."

"Heh?" The nurse's eyes widened, but then she giggled. "That sounded familiar."

They both went silent and then, Joon Ha said, "Min-ji, about your message..." Their eyes met. "Did you mean it?"

Nurse Choi suddenly turned nervous. She played with her fingers and nodded silently.

"I'm glad," Joon Ha said again while smiling. He held Nurse Choi's hand. "Thank you."

The young nurse chuckled. "Why are you thanking me?"

The Captain smiled wistfully. "I've seen a lot about Major Yoo's relationship in Switzerland. He taught me so many things. I know I'll never be like him, but I want someone I can share my feelings and my love and I was hoping it was you, Min-ji."

Nurse Choi blushed harder. "Does it mean...we're boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Joon Ha laughed lightly and leaned forward, tucking a loose hair behind the nurse's ear. "You can say that. Aren't you happy?"