The moment Jungkook woke up he could feel an unusual warm thing on his torso. He groggily opened his eyes and saw the tan limb on top of him, and found Taehyung sleeping peacefully next to him, all pouty and soft under the winter morning sunlight. Part of Jeongguk still thinks it is unreal, he still dreams of Taehyung, but most times those dreams end with Taehyung leaving him, and Jeongguk would wake up in cold sweat and tears streaming down his face. The difference is now Taehyung is next to him, and he would kiss away his tears and fears until Jeongguk falls asleep in his embrace again.

Jeongguk kisses Taehyung on the cheek, then on the nose and lastly on his lips, making the merman stir in his sleep. "Morning sleepyhead," he whispered, as he kept pressing loud kisses on Taehyung. Jeongguk rolled over Taehyung to get off the bed, trying to wake his boyfriend but to no avail, he probably went too hard last night. Jeongguk trotted to the bathroom and then the kitchen sleepily after throwing on his underwear and sweats. He's going to make Taehyung strawberry pancakes so his boyfriend will be in a good mood, and maybe he will agree to his proposal. As he was brushing his teeth, Jeongguk had an inner debate on how to ask Taehyung. Bringing your partner home is a pretty big step in his culture, it means you're really serious about this relationship and you see them as a possible life partner. Taehyung has told him that he is here to stay, he gave up his prince titles so he won't need to attend royal duties, but just because he's staying on land doesn't mean he wants to stay with Jeongguk forever, right? If he could, Jeongguk would get down on one knee and propose already but he didn't want to push Taehyung or move too fast (not fast enough if you ask him).

He was deep in thought, flipping the pancakes when a pair of arms snaked around his waist and a warm solid weight was plastered on his back. Taehyung was blowing raspberry kisses against his nape.

"Goo' morning Googie," Taehyung's voice was slurred from sleep, it usually happens when he is trying to stay awake. Jeongguk found it very endearing. "I could smell the pancakes in my sleep."

"Is that so?" The pancakes were complete and ready to plate, Jeongguk took out whipped cream from the fridge and started decorating the plate. He then put the sliced strawberries on top of the cream and squeezed some strawberry sauce to finish it. "Was I too hard on you last night? How 'bout a massage and warm bath after breakfast, hmm?" Taehyung nodded on his neck and mumbled something like my back hurts.

They finished the breakfast in silence, Taehyung too sleepy to make conversation and Jeongguk too busy staring at his boyfriend. Taehyung failed to notice the inner turmoil the man is facing just across from him.

"Baby," Jeongguk dragged out the syllables slowly, "do you want to meet my parents, but as my boyfriend this time?"

Taehyung didn't even bat an eyelash, just looked up from the pancakes, munching happily and said, "Yes of course! I miss them so much, and Jaegguk too! I can't wait to see them!"

Jeongguk swallowed and shook his head lightly, "Um, no babe, I don't think you understand what this means-"

"Of course I do! It means meeting your family and telling them I'm your boyfriend!" Taehyung exclaims.

"No baby it means- it means that we want to take our relationship to the next step. I just want you to know that my parents are probably gonna say suggestive things, like marriage, or mating and grandchildren." Jeongguk chuckled nervously. "It doesn't have to be like that, but um, just thought you should know. Is that... okay with you?"

Taehyung stopped eating immediately and looked at Jeongguk, looking very awake. "Ggukkie, I- I know we've only been together for a few weeks, and trust me, it's a short period for our standards too! But we're different, right? I am ready to spend the rest of my life with you, I will follow you wherever you go if you'll have me, so please, you don't need to ask these questions anymore, I love you Gguk." Jeongguk got choked up by Taehyung's confession and started sobbing a bit. The pancakes were forgotten, and the breakfast ended with a steamy make out and Taehyung trying to cheer him up by giving him the suck of his life.