that's why it's hotter

Taehyung kept pestering Jeongguk about corn. Jeongguk wished this would be the end of the story, but no, it wasn't.

The conversation went like this.

"Can you show me some corn before I go back? I wanna brag it to Jiminie and Yoongi Hyung." Taehyung glanced up at Jeongguk's doe eyes with such enthusiasm it made Jeongguk howled with laughter, since no one has ever asked for porn quite like this.

Jeongguk decided that if Taehyung really wanted to see what "corn" looked like, he would get him some corn later. So Jeongguk told him that he didn't have any at the moment and that he promises to bring some to him in someday.

Taehyung started to feel at ease in the pool, swimming around while humming some old tunes. He sounded heavenly, Jeongguk thought that must be what sirens sound like. But he kept quiet because he wasn't good with complimenting people without sounding weird. But he enjoyed every single second when Taehyung hummed to himself.

Taehyung had forgotten about his birthday. The chain of events this morning was too overwhelming and life-threatening that he completely forgot about his birthday and his trait. It wasn't until around noon when he was chatting with Jeongguk about human legs did he realise he was shifting.

He was asking about how humans use their legs to swim in the sea when Jeongguk just demonstrated it by leaning back in his chair and lifting his legs a bit to kick it. Taehyung thought Jeongguk was kidding, but then he suddenly had a deep desire to try using those puny little sticks to swim. That's was the moment when he felt a burn and heat seeping upon him from below.

He had never experienced something like that, it felt like when he went to one of those deep sea volcanoes too close, the burning sensation leaving his mind hot white, his vision blurred, and mouth dry. He was in the water yet he felt so thirsty and dry- a foreign concept to Taehyung. He could hear Jeongguk's distant voice shouting some nonsense when he had difficulty breathing above water. Soon Taehyung sank to the bottom of the pool.

Jeongguk didn't realise what was going on at first. He was about to blame Taehyung for making him look like an idiot by demonstrating kicking legs in a chair. But he noticed that Taehyung's expression went from confused and intrigued to a blank and painful one, his eyes eventually lost focus, when his pupils dilated and started at nothing, Jeongguk tentatively asked what was going on. Was Taehyung pulling some sick joke on him?

But then Taehyung started grasping air, breathing quickly and let out choked coughs that sounded like he was being held by the neck. He looked like he was drowning. The thought ridiculed Jeongguk. Taehyung can't drown, right?

Being the responsible person he is, Jeongguk jumped into the pool for the second time today. As he dived into the bottom of the pool, he could see Taehyung floating unconsciously in front of him. What amazed Jeongguk the most was that Taehyung's long emerald tail was gone, replaced by a pair of long tan healthy legs.

Jeongguk gasped. Not a good idea considered he was underwater. He took several gulps of water before dragging Taehyung's arms and ascended to the surface with him.

Things got weirder and weirder as the day went on.

Taehyung woke up again, this time no longer near the pool, but on somewhere fluffy and soft. There was a pattern developed now, Taehyung fainting then waking up in alien places. Taehyung could feel Jeongguk's Starr bore into his, as he opened his eyes a bit and saw the raven-haired boy in front of him.

"Good afternoon to you Aurora," Jeongguk said nonchalantly, but his eyes could not mask his amusement and Taehyung wondered why.

"How did you know my grandma's name?"