we got (no) troubles

Taehyung rolled down the window and felt the chilly wind caressing his face. Winds are something he was familiar with since it affects the waves and currents, so he had learned about it when he was younger. But experiencing the wind was something he didn't have the chance to try often. He had gone up the surface of course, but his face was all wet and only his head was above water, and sometimes it's a nice experience if it was a nice cool summer night with a gentle breeze; but if it was a stormy day or a winter's night, Taehyung would rather hide in the bottom of the ocean. But winds on land are much more pleasant and soothing. It's like his mother's gentle touch. Taehyung enjoys it a lot.

Next to him, Jeongguk played some soft music. He had suggested going on a mini road trip and driving to Seoul out of impulse. It was only five in the evening, so they would arrive in Seoul around 9 o'clock. Jeongguk had called and informed his parents that they were not coming home tonight, and guided Taehyung to book a hotel room online.

"Jeongguk, it says guests have to present identity documents, I don't have one, what should I do?"

Jeongguk hadn't thought this far when he asked Taehyung to book a room at a hotel. He chose one of the fanciest service apartments, because he wants to treat himself (and Taehyung of course). But he totally forgot about this part.

"Well... you can always sneak in... but... I don't trust you running around by yourself, to be honest..." Jeongguk sighed deeply. Usually, in hook-ups, one of them books the room and the other one just sneaks into it, but Taehyung can never sneak into a room himself. He might get distracted by elevator buttons, puppies, chocolates or just random people who look interesting to him. And Taehyung is also not his hook-up. "Dial Mr Choi for me, Tae." After a series of beeps, the man picked up and greeted Jeongguk enthusiastically.

"Hello, Jeongguk-ssi! And to what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

"Ah, Choi-ssi, I am looking for a room for two-person. Is there any available in Hongdae?"

"Let me see... I'm sorry, only single rooms are available in Hongdae. Would you be okay with Myeongdong? There's also one deluxe suite in our new tower in Gangnam."

"That sounds great. I'll get the Gangnam one."

"Of course, Jeongguk-ssi. And may I have the names and ID card number for the other guest?"

"Um... that's the thing... I don't think he brought his ID card... you see-" Jeongguk unconsciously tightened his grip on the steering wheel, hoping Mr Choi won't see right through his lie.

"Ah, I see. So one deluxe suite for two persons." If Jeongguk could see Mr Choi right now, he was sure the older man would be winking at him. "About what time will you arrive?"

"Around ten. Ten to eleven."

"Okay. I'm only doing this since you're our frequent customer, Jeongguk-ssi, do you need any condoms? We can arrange some for you."

Jeongguk was this close to crashing the car to a tree. "No, no, no, no, no, no I don't. Thank you Choi-ssi. Bye." Jeongguk ended the call by furiously pressing the button on his steering wheel. He looked to his left and saw Taehyung looking at him expectantly, although clutching his seat belt securely.

Any second now-

"Ggukkie what are condoms? He's giving you for free! Why are you rejecting free condoms?"

Called it.

Jeongguk cleared his throat loudly. His grip on the wheel tightened again as he focused on the road again. He can't believe he needs to explain awkward shit to Taehyung again. "It is a piece of plastic, that is shaped like the thing-between your legs, guys put them on during intercourse, or mating, in your culture. Um... it prevents unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Yeah, that's about it... any more questions?" please say no please say no