since life is sweet here

"Taehyung stop pushing that fucking button!"

"But it's cute, look, there, it lights up!"

Jeongguk was fucking done with Taehyung pressing the bell on the bus every five seconds. This was Taehyung's first time on public transport, and Jeongguk had to lecture him on the bus stop that he cannot belt off songs in the bus, or harass other passengers. Taehyung followed these instructions, but what Jeongguk had left out was the tiny little yellow buttons on the handles. Taehyung saw other passengers pushing the button, then the bulb near the driver lights up. He didn't seem to understand the concept that he should only push the button when the bus is approaching his destination. He kept pushing it and made buzzing noises as sound effects. Jeongguk was very frustrated, to say the least. Some schoolgirls were staring at them, giggling.

Luckily, Taehyung's curiosity vanished after eight stations.

They got off several stations later, where they had to walk shortly before reaching the orphanage. The pair walked in comfortable silence, with Taehyung wobbling after Jeongguk like a baby penguin. Jeongguk would never admit his lips curled up slightly when he heard Taehyung's small gasps and awes behind him.

The duo soon reached the orphanage. Since it was still school time, the kids were not in the centre. The staff at the reception looks like she wanted to eat Jeongguk up alive, eyes ogling and practically drooling all over him.

"Sir, you are too kind, would you like to stay here a bit so our staff members could thank you properly?" She purred at Jeongguk, who looked like he didn't detect any form of flirting from the female staff.

"No thanks, I'll just head home. Bye." Then Jeongguk grabbed Taehyung's hand and left the orphanage.

"Jeez, she was totally into you, Ggukkie, she practically eye-fucked you!" Taehyung whisper shouts. Jeongguk immediately let go of his hand and coughed unnecessarily loudly. "Who taught you that expression! You shouldn't learn this type of things!"

"From the TV of course. Netflix to be exact." Taehyung said proudly as if knowing the phrase "eye-fucking" is a really great achievement.

"That's it, you are banned from Netflix."

"No! You can't ban me from my only happiness!"

"I thought Yeontan was your only happiness?"

When they got home, Jeongguk finally let Taehyung see what he had bought in the mall (the older had continued to pester him throughout the whole bus ride). Taehyung first took out the fairy lights, not knowing what it was. When Jeongguk explained that it would glow in dark and make his room prettier, and Taehyung couldn't be happier. Jeongguk had been nervous showing Taehyung all his purchases, afraid that the merman would judge him for his childishness, but he should know by now that Taehyung is a kid at heart, and he loves anything Jeongguk gives him (other than oatmeal).

When they unpacked everything, Taehyung was over the moon to hear that Jeongguk will be re-decorating his with him. He never had the chance to decorate his own room back in the palace, as he is a prince and there were some royal protocols that he had to follow. Jeongguk told him that they could decorate it together tonight after bathing, and Taehyung finally asked the million-dollar question.

"Ggukkie, is it okay for me to stretch out my tail? It's been too long and I feel angsty."

Jeongguk let out an unintelligent oh , brain going on numb. Is his tub big enough? Will it be too cramped? "Well, you know how big my tub is. If that is okay with you, then sure."