we got the spirit

Have you ever done something you know is not right, but you really wanted to do it: and when you get scolded by your parents or your professor, you don't feel guilty about it? Like punching a bully that always bullied your friend. You are defending your friend, you also know it is not the right move, but you feel good afterwards: even if you get detention for a week. And that's exactly what Jeongguk felt when Taehyung was screaming his lungs out next to him on a roller coaster.

Fifteen minutes ago

"Ggukkie, this isn't like skydiving, right?" Taehyung grimaced while staring at the roller coaster above his head.

"No! I promise this is way more fun, and less dangerous as well, see? Those kids are playing as well. You'll be fine!" Jeongguk nudged Taehyung's ribs and urged him forward.

Long story short, today Jeongguk finally bought Taehyung to the Ocean Park, where he planned to take Taehyung a week ago. Ocean Park was a pretty famous amusement park in the country: it has thrilling rides as well as the biggest aquarium in the nation. Jeongguk was planning to only enjoy the thrilling rides there with Taehyung, and avoid the aquariums because it may upset Taehyung.

And it's safe to assume that Jeongguk knew Taehyung would shit his pants if he went on a roller coaster. Taehyung clutched his hand so tight he could not feel his fingers. He was hearing echos after the ride ended because Taehyung screamed too loud. Does he feel guilty about it? No.

It was Jeongguk's intention to try out the new roller coaster with Taehyung. Well, roller coasters are just roller coasters, they're not as dangerous as skydiving, and it's very safe with all the safety straps and shit, and there's also no roller coaster under the sea, so Jeongguk convinced himself that it would be a special experience for Taehyung. (He also knew he would get his hand held by Taehyung during the ride as well, it may or may not be one of his motives)

Present

"GGUKKKKKK AHHHHHHHH HELPHELPHELP AHHHHH SHIT IT'S GOING DOWN-"

"Taehyung look! Wow! Woohoo!" Jeongguk was having the time of his life. He loves roller coasters, and he also loves Taehyung. Best combination ever. Throughout the ride, Jeongguk kept laughing and shouting in joy, while Taehyung's voice got hoarse from screaming too much. In Jeongguk's opinion, the ride itself wasn't even that good. He has ridden far more thrilling ones before. Just as the roller coaster was pulling to a stop, he wanted to ask what Taehyung felt. And that was the moment he realised he was fucked up.

He felt Taehyung's hand loosening his grip and he was furiously wiping his face with his sweater paws. He heard soft hiccups and sniffling over the loud music of the ride. Taehyung's head was turned to the other side so Jeongguk cannot see his face clearly.

"Hey... Tae? You alright? You-you're not crying... are you?" Jeongguk asked cautiously, all the adrenaline from the ride suddenly evaporated and was replaced by dread and guilt. Taehyung then not so subtly pulled out a tissue from his pocket and began blowing his nose. In between blowing his nose, he whimpered a quiet no which Jeongguk almost didn't catch it.

"I- Tae, I'm so sorry. I thought- I thought it'd be cool to try this with you, I'm sorry, it's so selfish of me. I didn't think you would be this scared, I'm sorry," Jeongguk kept apologising even after the ride has stopped and they went to fetch their belongings. He could see Taehyung's red-rimmed eyes blinking away the unshed tears, head hung low like a kicked puppy. Jeongguk's heart broke into a million pieces: if he had known Taehyung would cry after playing it he would never ever get on that roller coaster.

Jeongguk then led Taehyung to a nearby bench and told him to stay there. He then ran off immediately without explaining to Taehyung that he was going to get a stick of strawberry flavoured cotton candy for him. Jeongguk saw a kiosk selling them nearby and he really wanted to get one for Tae to make him smile again since the other boy loves strawberries. So he broke into a full sprint, almost knocking a couple over. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of kids in front of him, so he had to wait until it was his turn. While waiting, he caught a glimpse of a small fluffy polar bear plushie inside a souvenir shop. Jeongguk immediately went into the shop and chose the cutest looking plushie for Taehyung. When he was done with his purchase, the cotton candy ready. He couldn't wait to rush back to Taehyung.