"Bonnie can handle herself just fine. Don't worry about her; stay in your lane, Salvatores. I doubt Mason is into Elena, especially not with you two up her ass all the time. Leave Mason and Bonnie alone, as long as they mind their business. I'm sure you're the least of their concerns." With that said, I slam the door in their faces.

I rush into the living room to see Mom and Aunt Shelia comforting Caroline. "Titus and Denzel have the situation under control, baby, don't worry about it," Mom tells me as I kneel in front of the couch. I place my hand on Caroline's knee.

"I didn't mean to hurt them! And you should've seen the look on Mom's face when she saw me. It was..." Caroline trails off as she breaks down crying.

"Oh, sweetheart, it's going to be alright." Shelia pulls Caroline into a hug. If Liz didn't accept Caroline, there was a simple potion that could wipe her memory of finding out about her being a vampire.

Shelia and Mom catch my eye, nodding as if they read my mind.

Liz Forbes's mind would be wiped if she couldn't accept that her daughter was a vampire.

~~~

"Ororo, please tell me you aren't one of those monsters." Liz pleads as I walk into the dungeon. My uncle and dad took it to the extreme and placed a tied up Liz down here.

"A vampire? Hell no, us Bennett's are witches. I'm the one that's been looking after your daughter you've neglected for the past couple of years."

Liz shakes her head. "Ororo, they're monsters! Abominations! That thing upstairs isn't my Caroline anymore." She flinches as the door slams behind me.

"You're right, that's my Caroline. She's been mine since we were two years old. Nothing changed about her except she's a different species, and she'll finally learn to love herself. She had a slip-up, hurt, and maybe killed a few people; it happens. But, you fucked up a long time ago, Liz. Care hasn't been human for a while, and you didn't even notice. A woman who knows vampires exist! You didn't have a fucking clue that your daughter is one! You're her mother! You know what's going on in this fuck town, and you didn't even tell her!"

Liz flinches away from me as I point at her angrily. I didn't know I had this much pent up rage at this woman.

"You didn't bother to give her vervain! You didn't bother to warn her anything! If it wasn't for my family and me, I'm sure Caroline would've became one of the Salvatores snacks by now! Did you know Caroline died in the hospital? That's where she met her last death at the hands of Katherine Pierce. And once again, you weren't there! You've never been there for Caroline! And you don't even have a legitimate excuse for why!"

"I have a duty to this town! I have to look after this town and the people," Liz protests, trying to justify her actions.

"My dad has the same responsibilities! But he doesn't neglect his family! Liz, you don't have an excuse! After losing your husband, you drown yourself in your job because you didn't get that apple pie lifestyle you wanted. You have no excuse for neglecting Caroline. None! And then you have the nerve to sit here and act like your so high and mighty? You're using this as a reason to excuse your shitty parenting."

The rage I felt as Liz was indescribable. How dare she?

Liz looked down, unable to meet my eyes. "I've failed as a mother, haven't I?"

I scoff, "don't ask stupid questions, Liz. Get your shit together, go up there, and love your daughter as a mother should. It doesn't matter that she's a vampire, you still birthed her, and she needs you as much as you need her. Don't take this second chance for granted."

✔️ HOMEBOUND | TVD OC Self Insert जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें