prologue

𝟯𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵; 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲, 𝗡𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮

She knew that this day would come with her line of work as a firefighter. Saving lives was her life, pride, and joy. But she wasn't prepared for death to come knocking this early in life, and she was only thirty years old after-all.

That's the price she's paying for a foolish mistake. As she laid on the hardwood floor of a burning apartment with a large piece of wood impaled in her bottom half torso, the flames were rising rapidly, clouding the room in smoke. She could hear her crew yelling through the dying walky-talky.

"HOLD ON, SIMMONS! JUST HOLD ON A FEW MINUTES LONGER! WE'RE COMING!" She could only give a sharp laugh, followed by a cough. Reaching for the radio with a trembling hand, "Jones, let my family know that I love them, ok? And you guys were the best crew. We know I'm not going to make it out of here." She gave a shuttered breath, holding back a wince as her crew yell.

"I love you guys."

She dropped the radio and took a deep breath. A smile broke out on her face as her fondness for her crew and family came to mind.

"They'll be alright." With a nod, she closed her eyes and let the flames consume her.

11:11 pm, Lieutenant Aidrian Simmons of Charlotte Fire Dept, station 15, passed away. Her family and friends mourned.

~~~

𝟯𝟭𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟮, 𝗟𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻, 𝗟𝗼𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮

She didn't know what to expect from her death's journey on the next grand adventure, but this wasn't it. Being trapped in a dark, enclosed space, barely being able to move her arms and legs. A weird voice was continually talking to her. If this was hell, then the Christians lied. It was supposed to be hellfire, torture, and all kinds of other wild shit. But all she has is boredom and darkness. As time ticks by, she forgets everything apart from her death.

After nine long months, she is reborn. She takes her first breath in the world before wailing. As she's panicking in distress, nurses are wiping her blood-covered body down, covering the wailing baby in a blanket before handing her to the new parents.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Bennett and Mr. Tuffley. It's a healthy baby girl!"

'HOLY SHIT, ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT ME?!' She opens her eyes, only to see blurs. Her mother and father trade glances as they feel their magic run over their daughter. 'An Old Soul' Their magic spoke to them as they felt the sheer power coming from the small babe.

"She's going to be something else when she's older," her father spoke as he places a kiss on the babes' forehead.

"Hey there, baby girl. It's your momma," the woman says in wonder as she runs a finger down her chubby cheeks.

"What have you named her?" The woman smiles tiredly at her husband. "Ororo Ayana Bennett."

The baby lets out a sound of confusion. She knew that last name! But from where she couldn't remember it. Maybe once she grows up again, she would remember, but she has to be a baby for now. Ororo's name was lost to her, so she accepts the new name, Ororo.

'Let's hope I don't die tragically in this life.'