chapter two

𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝟭𝟱𝗧𝗛, 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟬

"Ororo, sweetie, you know it's going to be a while before you reach your full potential," Mama says as she flips through my journal. "I know you want to be an all-powerful witch, but you forget that you're only a eight-year-old girl."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, knowing a lecture was coming.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady. I know you're trying to protect yourself and this family, but you can't rush anything. You've got to be careful. Plan accordingly. Some of these plans you've gotten written so far are good, but what about the aftermath? What if something fails? What are you going to do?"

I shrugged, "Honestly, I was just planning on winging it."

Mama gave me a deadpanned look. "Ororo, get it together. It would be best if you back had back up plans on top of the back. Don't become a cocky little sucker and end up getting your ass handed to you."

"Now, let's put your little witch knowledge to the test." Mama places my journal back on the table, where there are currently many herbs, crystals, and potions sitting.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you and Aunt Sheila were trying to start your little witch school because no one should have this much stuff." I gave the table a look of disdain. I knew everything Mom had just explained to me was right. I needed to have multiple backups because, honestly, in canon, the so-called Scooby Gang couldn't plan anything without it backfiring harshly.

Gathering as much witchcraft knowledge and unlocking my true potential was my top goal for the past couple of years. Soon, the Salvatores were coming to town, and I needed to prepare. I know I can't save everyone, and I won't try to honestly, but I want my family saved and not harassed by dickhead vampires.

Mama snapped me out of my musing when she dropped a colossal leather-bound grimoire on the table. "Jesus Christ, that's a big ass grimoire."

"Of course, it is. It's filled with spells from nearly one of our ancestors." I turned to look at her, shocked. "Even you?" She nods as I cautiously step forward, placing a hand on the worn leather-bound book.

"It usually goes to the firstborn of every generation. Denzel, Sheila, and I had a vote we'd give it to you instead of Lucy."

"What? But that's cheating her out of an o-" Mama shook her head, cutting me off. "Lucy didn't want it. She passed it onto you. She said, "Ororo is taking this witchcraft thing too seriously, and I know if I needed anything from the book, she'd pass it to me in a heartbeat."

"Well, she's not wrong. All she'd have to do is ask." I opened the book, fingers tracing the names of all my ancestors, dated back to Ayana.

"What is this stone called and its purpose?" I turn away from the grimoire to see Mama holding up a deep emerald-colored crystal.

"That's a malachite crystal. It uses prosperity, magic, protection, warding off evil, and sensing danger." I comment as I take notice of the other crystals that floated towards me.

I began naming them off one by one. " Clear quartz, citrine, rose quartz, amethyst, amber, obsidian, tiger's eye, and bloodstone."

Mama smirked, giving me an impressed look. "What stone is missing?"

"The moonstone, and I know exactly where one is."

She raised an eyebrow, "where?"

"The Lockwood family have one, which is the key to breaking Klaus's curse when the time comes."

"May I ask where it is?" I hesitated at first before shrugging. I trust Mama wouldn't do anything irrational. "Richard Lockwood has it hidden in his mansion. I forgot where, but it's there. Mason doesn't get a hold until like season two, which takes place around two-thousand and ten."

Mama lets out a hum as she waves a hand. The crystals float back over to the table and back into their rightful places.

"What's the most dangerous herb to a vampire?"

I scoff, "Vervain. It's extremely toxic to vampires. Being worn or ingested by a human prevents them from being compelled or fed on. It can easily be placed into the water supply and used as a perfume. It's better to ingest it then wear it as jewelry because someone can easily snatch it off."

"You know the basics, and I'm sure you're going to be walking around with your head in that grimoire for the next couple of weeks. Come on, let's go get some gumbo." Mama offers me a hand.

I gathered the grimoire, holding it to my chest, taking her hand.

I can't wait to read the grimoire. It's over a thousand years old; hundreds of family ancestors have their spells and potions here. Who knows the chaos I can create from this.

 Who knows the chaos I can create from this

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
✔️ HOMEBOUND | TVD OC Self Insert जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें