chapter twenty-six

"Do we have to go?" Kol whines. " I don't want too."

He kneels beside my chair, placing a hand on my thigh. "We could do something else instead."

"Kol, this is a family dinner and my Nana is going to be there. You're out of your rabbit ass mind if you think I'm going to skip that to have sex with you. Now, get off me and go put your suit on!"

Kol lets out a groan, falling backwards on the floor. "I don't wanna go! Why do I have to sit through a blasted dinner with your family?! I know them already!"

"You don't know my Nana, and she's the ultimate test into making it into this family. Just because you have this." I grab his Bennett family crest ring. "Doesn't mean you're a Bennett until you've gone through Rosa Bennett. Her word is golden and if you passed the test, then all is well."

Kol blows a raspberry, "you all listen to some old lady and let her decide if you can date? Are you nuts?"

"No, you dumb ass, it's just something that my family has always done for generations. Do you think I'm going to listen to my Nana if she doesn't like you? Hell no, but it'll be a lot harder for you in this family. And she'll give you hell."

Kol is quiet for a few seconds then the stupidest shit came out of his mouth.

"I can always kill her if she gives us any problems!"

"NO! You can't kill my great-grandmother, Kol! Just because she pisses you off doesn't mean it's an automatic, let's go slaughter an old lady! I will kill you myself!"

Kol smirks, leaning up until our faces inches apart. "Would you really kill me, Ororo?"

"No" is the immediate reply in my head, but the words didn't leave my mouth, but I know Kol already knew my true answer.

"You wouldn't, I know you, darling."

Kol brushes his lips against mine, gently placing a kiss on my lips.

"We have a problem!" Caroline throws the door open, throwing a pile of clothes on my bed.

She turns to me and Kol as we were pulling apart. "OH COME ON YOU TWO! Stop hogging her, Kol! I haven't had my girlfriend in three days because you're being a selfish dick and refusing to share!"

Caroline hits Kol with a spare shoe. He bats it to the side, grinning mischievously.

"Don't be a sore loser, Caroline. If you weren't running around with the doppelgänger, you would easily get her."

I was right about Bonnie and Caroline forgiving Elena. I didn't understand why but they did. Elena was still hounding me to "be her friend" but who would want to be friends with someone who point-blank told you they didn't care if you lived or died? Elena Gilbert.

Caroline scowls, "she's my friend! Not like you'd know what there is! When's the last time you've hung out with anyone that isn't Ororo or your brothers?"

Kol is silent for a few moments before he speaks, "there was Mary-Ann."

"Who the hell is Mary-Ann?" Caroline and I questioned at the same time, turning to glare at Kol.

"Calm down ladies, she was a witch that I used to make a golden dagger for my brother! She thought I loved her, she was a fool, of course. She's probably dead now. It's been ninety years at least. So, there's no need to get jealous."

Caroline scoffs before turning back to me.

"Back to the original problem, I don't know what to wear! I have all these clothes and nothing to wear! Look at this?! Hideous!" She holds up a knee-length pink lacy dress before throwing it back on the bed.