Chapter 4

*Flashback*

*Flashback*

It's been three months since I met Jason for the first time. That pizza did a whole lot of good for me. I got the best friend I forever wanted.

Yes, Jase and I are best friends now. Practically inseperable. I still have my nerdy ways though.

And you know what the best thing about our friendship is? I didn't change. I am the same girl, and I still haven't attended any parties. Fortunately, Jase doesn't like 'em too. But we don't need that. We just need us. I still watch movie marathons. I still watch Netflix reruns. But now, I have my best buddy to watch it with me.

And no. We ain't dating. But not everyone understands our relationship. Can't a girl and boy be friends without being romantically involved? Apparently my classmates don't believe that. Even Ann!

The rumors have increased.

The whispers.

And of course, the iconic death glares. As if I care.

Sorry. I ramble a lot. Don't mind me. I just wanted to share this with someone. And well, now back to the present.

So right now I am getting ready to meet......

*drumrolls* The Kingsleys!

Can you believe that I bunked class for this? I am literally breaking records now. Ha!

Right now, I am straightening my already straight hair because Ann insisted. She is more excited about this than me, giving me playful smirks here and there. I told you. She believes that we're dating.

My black body-fitting blazer dress lies on the bed. It's too tight in my opinion, but it's the only black dress that I have which is 'sophisticated, elegant, yet not boring' as Jase described it should be.

His parents are those 'society is everything bastards'

His parents are those 'society is everything bastards'. His words, not mine. He hates them with a passion. I wonder if they're really as horrible as he says or if he's exaggerating.

I pair my outfit with black t-strap heels and the diamond pendant, my parents gifted me for my fourteenth birthday. It has an intricate teardrop pattern with my name written in gold plating at the edge. You can't even see it without looking up close.

"Babygirl! You ready?" Jase comes in within knocking.

"Yup. Let's go pretty boy." I say that because I know it annoys the hell out him.

"Will you stop calling me that? You hurt my ego babygirl" he replies in mock hurt giving me those puppy dog eyes.

What's wrong in being called pretty? Apparently his badboy image gets hurt when I call him that. Anybody living in 50 m radius of him would know how much of a 'bad boy' he is. Drama queen.

"Real mature guys." Ann rolls her eyes.

"Yeah yeah" we reply in unison. Then start laughing like idiots as Ann shakes her head at us.

***

We finally reach our destination after a lot of word fights, joking and eye-rolling by Ann.

A string of curses leave my mouth as I look at the mansion in front of us. Yes, I do curse. No need to be so surprised about it. So will you after you see his house, sorry my bad. Castle! Palace! Not that I like Disney princesses.

It was a beautiful sight

It was a beautiful sight. A beautiful garden stands adoring the mansion, making it even more regal.

"Looks can be deceiving babygirl" Jase says as he sees me gawking at his house "They'll eat you alive if you let your guard down even a bit. I wouldn't have brought you here but I really need you right now with me. I can't resist their pettiness."

It isn't a everyday thing to see him angry. But if he is, he must have a pretty good reason about that. Now I really feel scared.

"Way to make me comfortable dude. I thought you were supposed to help me?"

"We can do it. Together?"

"Together."

We hold hands and enter the gate to hell. I never knew I could be so dramatic.

***

*Present*

"How can you let her say her say that about me even after you the know truth? How could you?"

But the only thing I get in response is silence. Pure silence.

***
Hey guys! I'm back. Please vote and comment if you like the chapter.
It took me longer than before to write this today because my first draft got deleted, and I had to write it like seven times after that. May find typos and silly mistakes.
Enjoy. Lots of love.
-R

PS: What are your opinions about Jase?