Chapter 5

*Present*

*Present*

"Why is this whore still here?"

"Of course she is Jess. First you sleep with Jase, then just after that incident you married his brother? How low can you get bitch?''

"Guys! Stop it. Cut the girl some slack."

"Stop the act Nick. We know you think the same of her." Jessica interjects.

Jessica Carlson. Blond, green eyes and a body to kill for. Friend. But not really.

Rory Andrews. Brunette. Billionaire entrepreneur. Best friend.

Nicolas Mohammed. Brunette. Billionaire. Actor. Best friend number two.

Mase is not home. He wouldn't have done anything even if he were. But do I need a guy to fight my arguments? Hell no.

Since I am alone in the house, these pricks decided to play with me. I mean alright, I am a small-town girl. But does it make me a whore?

How many times have I heard that word since I came here? How many times have I been accused of doing something I did not commit? To be honest, I've lost count now. At first, I felt bad, now it has become a regular thing. Great life I am living dad.

"Will you please shut up?! I am tired of this. Honestly, get a life. I am not your plaything. That whenever you feel like it, you'll barge in my life, and I'll do nothing about it. I am not here for your goddamn money!"

"Oh! So you finally decided to let us hear your voice. How honoured I feel right now." Jessica says rolling her eyes. I can't understand what she wants from me. In a way, I do know but that doesn't make it any right.

"Stop playing the victim. You ruined Mase's life. You are a Jinx. You are the reason Jase-" And that people, was all it took to make my walls crumble.

"Stop! Please stop. I am sorry you had to see my face. Just-" Not able to bear it anymore, I storm out of the living room.

Jase. I get triggered everytime someone says his name. But you know what's the most depressing part? Somewhere deep down, I too think that maybe I was the bad omen in his life, that I really am a Jinx.

***

Heyya readers!
Belated Merry Christmas to all! So this was basically a filler chapter to show a glimpse of Al's life in the Kingsley's.
PS: So what are your thoughts on Jessica and Rory? What's a story without a jealous ex right? Hahaha.

Enjoy!
-R