Chapter 10

*Flashback*

*Flashback*

Hey Al, I have to say something to you. I have been trying to tell you this for ages, but I couldn't collect enough courage to do that. I think it's time I finally tell you."

What does he have to share with me? And why is he so nervous about it? Is he taking drugs or something? I really hope not.

"It's okay. I'll understand."

"You can't say that. Not till you know the whole story. The thing is I'm.... I'm..."

"You're?" Okay now he's making me really worried.

"G-g-gay."

"Wait, what?!'' I'm shocked. He was hiding that from me all the time?

He says in a defeated expression, "Yes. And I understand that maybe you don't want to be my friend anymore. A disgusting thi--" Before he could complete that sentence, I engulf him in a hug.

"Shush! Don't you dare say that! You're my friend no matter what. I'll love you no matter you're gay, straight, asexual, bisexual or skshsksh whatever. Hell. You'll still be the same person even if you're an alien."

How did I not read the signs? I mean I did notice him ogling Jay from our biology class the other day but--

"Skshsksh?" He says with a look of confusion, breaking apart from our hug.

"I don't remember the names of all of them alright? Now don't tease me for that. And plus...."

"Plus?"

"Eeeeekk! I always wanted a gay bestfriend! Ok that sounded wrong but...yayyy!! You're...You're actually...oh my god!" Unable to contain my excitement, I jump up and down all over the place. This really is a great day. You may think I'm self-centred or something, but this is what I am. I always make things about myself. Even though, today, it's about Jasey.

"What the hell Al. Of course. What did I even expect." He says in between laughs. "I actually thought you'd leave me or something you know." He says laughing again. I'm happy that he isn't sad anymore. I can't bear that.

"Does anybody else know?"

"Not till now, no." Wait really? Not even that evil brother of his?

"Not even Mase?" Even though I dislike that guy more than anybody else in this world, it's really surprising that he of all people doesn't know. These two share everything with each other. Like every single thing!

"No. Not even him. I'm scared. Really scared. Not everyone is like you. I don't know what they'll do when they find out." He says with a pained expression.

I don't know what to think of this. And more importantly, I don't know what I should say to make him feel better. Ugh! Why am I so awkward?

"Promise me this will stay between us, and us only. Promise me. That you won't tell anyone till I'm finally ready." Jase pleads, putting forward his pinky finger.

"I promise. Moreover it's not mine to tell." I seal the oath by joining my pinky to his.

"But pinky promise? Seriously?" We're really childish, aren't we?

"Yup." He says with his usual playful glint in his eyes and ruffles my hair. So I guess he's back. Thank goodness.

"I'm hungry. Want some snacks?" With all these new information, I need food for my brain to function properly.

***
After spending some more hours in the pleasant surroundings of the valley, we finally return back to the campus.

Giving three knocks, I wait for Ann to open the door. As soon as she unlocks it, the first thing that catches my eye is the disheveled state of our dorm room.

"Whatever happened in here!?"

"Romi and I broke up." She sniffles. Mascara running down her face and a her hair unmade, she looks like a nightmare.

"What!?" Oh lord! More drama?

***
In case you guys forgot-
Anne is Al's roommate and friend
Romi is Anne's boyfriend ( ex for the time being)

Hope you like this one! Bye luvs.
Lots of love,
-R