Chapter 12

-George-
Karl and I are still on the phone, it's been silent for about three minutes. Dammit why did I tell him. Nick trusted me with this secret and I fucking told Karl it right away.

"Y-Your fucking lying!" He said in not exactly a yell but it was a bit too loud for my liking. Karl rarely cusses and when he does it must mean he's angry or having some other strong emotion. "You shouldn't joke like this, George." He sighs.

"That's what he told me! I shouldn't have told you just forget this ever fucking happened!" I hung up.

I sit there with my hands over my face. I really do fuck everything up... Just then I get a notification.

~Jacobs~
Karl- I have feelings for him too... Could you tell him for me because I really can't do it. I'm sorry, I know it's asking a lot but if your telling the truth and he actually likes me back I need to take the chance. So please if you can, tell him.

I turn off my phone and get out of my chair. Shit Nick's gonna be pissed at me for telling him. But on the other hand they like each other and Karl REALLY wants me to tell him.

I sigh and shakily open my door. Nick isn't in the kitchen or living room. I sigh again and trudge over to his room and knock. I hear a faint 'come in' so I twist and push the door.

Nick is sitting at his computer, obviously focused on something. "N-Nick...?" I ask. He doesn't look up as he says "Yeah that's me."

"Your probably gonna hate me and I understand if you do but could you please let me explain..." I say quickly. This seems to get his attention as she spins his chair around to look at me.

I don't wanna. "Okay so I told Karl..." His eyes widen. -I DIDN'T MEAN TO I JUST... With Clay it's hard because he's straight and Karl already came out as gay so I thought there would be a good chance for you." I can see the anger in his eyes. "I-If it makes you feel b-better he says he feels the s-same..." I studder out.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I trusted you with this and you go and do this? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!" He gets up out of his chair fast and I flinch and hide my face.

His eyes widen at my reaction but he continues. I hear the door open but I can't look away from Nick's furious eyes. "I KNOW YOU HAVE PROBLEMS BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO GET IN MY BUSINESS!" He screams, walking past me and out the front door, slamming it behind him.

I fall onto the floor and cry into my hands. Clay walks over to me and sits behind me, hugging me from behind. I'm so mad at myself that I want to push him off, but his hug is surprisingly comforting.

It's warm and comfortable, like nothing I've ever felt before. I cry a bit harder when he asks, "What the hell happened, I heard yelling?"

I stop sobbing, tears still running down my face. "I did something stupid..." I say, not wanting to admit what I did.

"Did you think he was gonna hit you?" He asks. I honestly did. My roommate used to get drunk, angry, and then hit me. I've never told anyone that though. I nod.

"You know Nick isn't the type to hit anybody, especially his best friend." He says calmly, hugging me tighter. "I wouldn't be angry if he did, I deserve it." I sigh out.

"Don't say that Georgie, you don't deserve to be abused, no one deserves that." He says, his voice shaky. I feel bad because he's always comforting me and I can never repay that.

After a few minutes of sitting in a hug of silence, Clay pulls out of it. I kinda wish he didn't but any longer and it would be awkward. He stands up and I do the same. He holds out his hand, signaling me to take it and I do, even though I'm shy.

He takes me to the living room and sits me on the couch. He goes to the kitchen and a few minutes later comes back with hot chocolate and cookies. I smile slightly. He grabs the TV remote and goes to Disney Plus.

"Pick a movie, I'm down to watch anything" he smiles at me. I watch him scroll through options of movies that to watch until I see my favorite. He must know it's my favorite because I look over to see him smirking at me.