Chapter 2

-George-
I woke up to the sound of thunder. My eyes shot open as the wind was blowing around me. I actually am really scared of storms, my parents died in a storm when I was young. I was adopted by a jerk of a dad. I haven't seen him since I moved out two years ago. I started to freak out because of the rain. I think I'm having a panic attack. I don't want to but I reach over for my phone. I slowly click on Clays contact and hit the call button, barely able to breathe. By the second ring he picked up. "Hey George, what's up?"

Um... I didn't know what to say. I guess he heard my breathing because he said "George, is everything okay? What's wrong you can tell me?" He usually joked around but this time his voice was serious. "I Um... I'm having a panic attack." I said through breaths.

He sighed. "George I wish I was there to hug and comfort you, but I'm not and I can't be. So tell me what else I can do to make you feel better." I heard him say softly as possible.

"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have called. I'm probably bothering you." I sighed, I was starting to calm down. My breathing slowly becoming back to normal.

"You can call me anytime you need, you are never a bother to me. Your my best friend and I'm always here for you." I blushed. I wanted to believe him but I thought he was just saying it to make me feel better. I wanted to cry but this is already embarrassing enough.

"I uh... I know I just don't want to be annoying. The storm is freaking me out..." I blabbed on accident.

"Why are you scared of storms?" I could tell he was serious but he probably wanted to laugh at how pathetic I was. A 23 year old man, scared of a stupid storm.

"It's... I never told anyone this but... It's what killed my parents. When I was 11 there was a huge storm, they were driving while I was home with my babysitter. The storm killed them. I can't even listen to the sound of rain because of this shit." I rambled. Shit I probably just got so annoying. I didn't even realize I started crying.

Clay sighed. "George can you do something for me? I want you to pretend I'm giving you a big hug. Pretend I'm there in your room. On your bed. Hugging you. Just imagine my arms around you. I can't actually do that but please do it for me." His calming voice was so comforting. I smiled and imagined everything he said to. "I love you, George." Clay said. I almost gasped but I caught myself. WHAT? What did he just say. I thought I was imagining things until he said "George?" I hung up. I fucking hung up on him. I know he didn't mean it in that way but if I said it back I would have meant it a different way. I couldn't say it. I couldn't say anything. So like the idiot I am, I just didn't say anything and I hung up.

After about 15 minutes of thinking about what Clay said, I got out of bed. I changed my clothes and made it to where it didn't look like I was crying. I walked downstairs. My roommate wasn't even here. Probably at his girlfriends. I made some toast and got some water and went upstairs. I fed and watered my cat and sat at my computer. I logged on and remembered Clay wanted to play together. I didn't think he'd want to now until I got a call.

"Hello." I said, wishing this morning never happened.

Clay sighed, he didn't want to have this conversation either.

"I'm sorry about what happened, I didn't know who else to call. It won't happen again, I promise. Now forget it happened and let's play."

He sat silent. I got worried. Great, I messed up again. What did I do wrong now?

"George you can always call me. I just... I didn't exactly know how to help. I mean we're four thousand miles away-" Don't remind me. "So I can't really do much."

"I KNOW!" I blurted. I regretted that instantly. "I don't know what I expected... I just needed to hear your voice." Realising what I just said my eyes widened and I blushed.

"Well, from now on I'ma call you every day and make sure your alright."
I tried to protest but he hung up before I had the chance.

I had a hell of a day to live so I decided to go to the cafe. It wasn't far away.