Chapter 19

-Clay-
I can't look at him, it hurts too much. I don't know what to do in this moment but I'm leaving in less than an hour. I'm no longer gonna be here go comfort George and that scares me.

The first time I saw him he could've died. If me and Nick weren't there he probably would've. I don't even want to imagine what he could do if he was alone.

Not like I don't trust him, but I know he goes through hard times. I don't want him to hurt himself again. But I shouldn't think about that.

I finally get the courage to say something. "Will you be okay, like when I leave? Are you still... Do you still want to hurt yourself?" He looks ashamed but says, "I'll be fine, I promise I won't hurt myself anymore." He smiles and I do too.

"WOULD PEOPLE GETTING ON FLIGHT 242 PLEASE BOARD THE PLANE NOW, THANK YOU." The announcement says. My heart sinks. I stand up and so does Georgie. I take a few steps closer to the boy that's in front of me.

"You have to go..." He smiles weakly at me while he talks "But Clay... Just know that I... Um, I love you." My eyes widen. He's never said that to me before, not even as friends.

I can't contain my happiness I grab his face and pull him into a kiss. His lips soft and delicate. I never want this to end. But then again, I need to breathe. I pull back, as does George. He doesn't say anything and I get worried.

Maybe he just meant it as a friend thing. Or maybe he meant it the same way I do but he wasn't ready to kiss. But then he kisses me. This one more powerful than the last. It's forceful but at the same time soft and calming.

It's almost desperate, like it's the last thing we'll ever have of each other. We pull away, the lack of oxygen getting too powerful. I cup his face, kissing him on the forehead before pulling him into a hug.

I realise it's already been two minutes and my flight is about to leave. "Shit, Georgie I have to go..." He nods. Neither of us are going to cry, we've done enough of that this past month.

"I love you too George." I say as I walk away. I can't look back, if I see his face one more time I'll never leave. I'd never get on that plane if I saw his eyes or his lips. So I don't look back.

-George-
Clay backs out of the kiss. All of my emotions went into it. I felt my stomach erupt into a firework of butterflies. As sad as I am that he's leaving, this kiss makes all the sadness drain out of my body.

I told him the truth, that I love him. I couldn't help it, he's said it on multiple occasions and I've never said it. The reasoning behind that is I always knew I was in love with him, but if I said it I would be lying. I loved him more than a friend but he didn't mean it like that, at least not at first. But now I knew he felt the same so I had to say it.

Until he pulls away. I need to feel that again, I need his lips back on mine. It was so soft, like nothing I've ever felt before. I need it again.

I pull him into another kiss. As much as I love this, it might be the last time I get it. We finally pull away and he leaves.

I watch him walk away, I almost cry but we mutually agreed that we aren't allowed. I walk away to my car. I already feel empty without his hand to hold while I drive. I'm so lost in thought that I don't realize there's a car heading straight for me.

-Nick-
I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for George to get home, when I get a call from the hospital. George has been in an accident. I get my shit and hop in my car. I call Karl, tears running down my face.

"K-Karl George is in the hospital, he was in a bad accident!" I say while crying. "Oh my goodness! Is he alright?!" He asks. "I... I'm not sure, I'm on my way there now. Clay just left back to Florida. I needed to tell you..." I say.

"Nick I'm on my way." He says. Before I can protest he hangs up. I continue driving and when I arrive I run inside the hospital. I ask his room and they tell me he's unstable in room 129.