Chapter 18

*A MONTH LATER*
-George-
I sit in bed, feeling dread. I didn't want today to ever come. I can't sleep, it's 3am, but I just can't sleep. You see, Clay is leaving tomorrow, at 11am. And I really, really don't want him to leave. I know he has to though.

It seems someone else couldn't sleep neither because I hear a quiet knock on my door. I walk over and open the door to reveal a crying Clay.

I step aside, letting him come in. He sits down on the edge of my bed, not being able to look at me. I've never seen Clay like this, and honestly I hate it. I'm kinda relieved thought.

There's two reasons for that. One is that he doesn't want to leave, which isn't necessarily a good thing but it is at the same time. Second thing is that I can finally comfort him instead of him comforting me.

I walk over, sitting next to him. I put my hand on his. The truth is I've gotten really comfortable around Clay. I've been flirting a bit and even hugged him a few times. I used to be to nervous to even look at him.

Now thought, it seems he can't look at me. "Clay, it's okay." I say, reassuring him. He nods and says, "I've been away from home for so long. I've gotten used to being here with Nick and..." He looks at me, "And being with you."

I blush a bit before saying "I'm not too happy about you leaving either, but you have to go home eventually. I'll miss you like crazy but we can't prevent this." He sighs.

We sit in a comfortable silence while I wipe the tears off his cheeks, lightly kissing it after. We both blush. "You never did that before." He chuckles, still sad thought.

"Yeah well I'm used to you comforting me, not the other way around." He smiles weakly. "Clay I know it'll be okay, we'll see each other again and we can call or facetime every day." He nods.

"It won't be the same." And that's that. I couldn't say anything else, because he's right. We sit against the wall, him leaning his head on my shoulder. We sit like this until I realize the sun came up. I nudge Clay off me and stand up, taking his hand as he follows me.

Nick is awake, he's made breakfast, eggs and pancakes. Just the usual breakfast. We have small talk and he tells us how it went with Karl. It's cute, now there a couple and gonna meet up soon.

-Clay-
Dammit I can't sleep, I want comfort. I go to George's room, he always makes me feel better, this time it was no different. We go to the kitchen and all three of us eat breakfast.

Nick tells us he 'asked out' Karl. I think it's weird to do it that way but I'm not one to judge, seeing as I can't even start shit with George.

-Nick-
I wake up, realising Clay is leaving today I decide to make breakfast. They come out of George's room, holding hands. Did they sleep together? Probably.

I tell them about Karl as we eat. I can't help but notice that they look miserable. They look at the other when the other isn't looking, and give each other sad looks when they make eye contact.

I can't stand seeing them like this. I'm upset about Clay leaving too but I know it's harder for George since their connection is stronger. I decide to let George use my car to bring Clay to the airport.

I walk them to the door, giving Clay one final hug before watching them walk out. Clay waves to me from the car and I smile back at him. Goodbye for now, Clay.

-George-
I'm sitting in the car, driving to the airport. His flight leaves in about an hour so I know our times almost up. Just then he reaches his hand over and puts it on top of mine. I let out fingers intertwine as we hold hands. I'm glad he did this, it could be the last bit of contact we have for... Well who knows how long?

I pull into the airport and help Clay with his bags. We go to get some food at the airports vending machine and we sit at a table.

I can't look away from him, he's beautiful. I want to say something but don't know what to say. It's now half an hour until he has to board his flight, my heart is aching.

I know our time is almost up. I can tell he's probably, thinking the same thing I am. I've never said 'I love you' to Clay.