Chapter 4

-George-
I woke up to the sound of people rushing around, I realized we landed and got up. I went to go and get my bag. Nick met me there and gave me a huge hug. I almost cried but managed not to.

The car ride was silent as neither of us knew what to say. I sighed, still looking out the window, and said "you didn't have to do any of this for me." I looked at him. Hurt was written all over his face. He was the joking type and I knew he could think of at least five for this moment. But this was too serious, he didn't want to make jokes when this shit is going on.

He sighed and keeping his eyes on the road said "I love you and that asshole was ruining your life. That isn't the first time he's done shit but he went way too far this time." He paused and looked at me but only for a split second then looked back at the road. "Of course I had to do this. I have a responsibly to you as your friend and besides, I want you here with me."

I smiled and said nothing except "I love you too."

After a while of silence he said "Why don't you ever say I love you to Clay." My eyes widened, I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out.

"I feel like it wouldn't be honest..." I said making sure not to look at him. He pulled up into his driveway, looked at me, and said "Why, you don't love him?"

I didn't say anything and he took it as a cue to leave the car. We walked up and he unlocked his door. We walked inside and he walked to his kitchen to get me water. I sat at his table as he slid the cup of water towards me. I've only been to his house once, that's the only time I've meet him in real life. I thought about what he said in the car before deciding I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"I love him." Was all I said. He seemed to understand and just nodded. But I still found a need to explain, I needed to let my feelings out. "I don't love him actually..." I paused and he looked at me shocked then I continued talking. "I think I'm in love with Clay... Like I like him more than a friend." He got even more shocked. I could see it in his eyes.

After an awkward silence he asked "How long have you felt this way?" I was surprised that's all he asked but I shrugged and said "Don't know, few months." I realized I was talking really quietly so I spoke up a bit more. "Maybe since January." It was now August. He sighed. "Are you gonna ever tell him? Or anyone else for that matter?" I shook my head "I don't think so. I can't." He didn't say anything.

A while later he got up and grabbed my bag with my stuff in it. I got up also and followed him to his guest room. He opened the door with his unoccupied hand then placed my bag on the floor. "Looks like we're each other's new roommates" he joked. I smiled and walked into the room.

"You get set up." He said as he said in the chair at the desk. I unpacked a bit, I didn't have much stuff, before I took my shirt off to change. Before I put a new shirt on Nick gasped loudly. I turn around to see him looking up from his phone. His mouth was agape and I saw the look of worry all over his face. I followed his eyes down to my chest and stomach. I noticed what he was looking at. I had bruises all over me.

"I'm fine." I said as I put a new shirt on. He didn't seem convinced but he couldn't do anything. He got up and walked out of the room. I close my new bedroom door and decide to lay down. I grab my phone from my pocket and trace the cracks on it from when I got beat up. I turned it on and I had a text. From Trish.

               ~Trisha~
~Trish~ George! I heard what happened where are you are you ok I miss you and want to talk

~George~ SHUT THE HELL UP YOU STUPID BITCH YOU LIED TO HIM AND THATS WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID I NEVER SLEPT AND NEVER WILL WITH YOU SO SHUT UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE!

And with all that anger out I clicked sent then block. It felt so good.