Chapter 22

-Clay-
We've been sitting here for about thirty-five minutes, me scrolling on my phone and him just laying down.

I decide that I need to say something. About him and I. It's becoming too hard to ignore my feelings for him. If he still likes me then I think we're both ready to be together.

I'm not sure if he'll agree with me but I think I have to take that chance, even if it means scaring him away. Him and I need to talk things out, instead of ignoring our feelings.

"G-George..." I stutter out. He glances over at me, maybe thinking the same thing that I am? "I think we need to talk about us..." I say quietly. He sits up, nodding.

"Yeah, I think your right." He smiles. "I thought I was gonna lose you, George. I thought I'd never have the chance to hug or kiss you again." He blushes as do I.

I continue. "I thought I'd never get to tell you how much I love you or that I'd never be able to be in a relationship with you." He just sits quietly, letting me talk. "I think it's time that we do something about these feelings."

He looks at the floor. "I'm sorry I wasn't ready before, to be with you, but now... I think I'm ready." He says. "I want to be with you more than I realized and that kiss..." He blushes and looks away from me. "In that moment I realized that I want you, and only you." I blush as well as he looks into my eyes.

I smile, moving to sit next to him. Now we're side by side and I'm trying to think of what to say. "I never would've pressured you into being in a relationship with me, and I still won't. But only... Only if you want to, we could try and see how it works out between us." I say.

I'm not sure how he's gonna react until he grabs my hand, and looks me in my eyes. "Is that you asking me out? Because if so it isn't very romantic." He jokes.

I chuckle and say, "Okay-" I sit up facing him, straddling his lap a bit. I put my hands on his face and continue, "Georgie, I'm formally asking if you'd maybe, possibliy, consider being my boyfriend." He blushes, before saying, "Awe, of course I will, I'm glad you finally asked."

We're both smiling like idiots right now but I don't care. His face is still in my hands so I slowly lean in for a kiss, hovering slightly above him seeing if he consents. He leans the rest of the way in, finally getting over his shyness with me.

Our kiss is passionate, firm, and soft, all at the same time. I'm in love with this man and I think he feels the same way. If not then this is a awkward situation.

-George-
I pull out of the kiss, slightly blushing. We rest our foreheads on each others, smiling like idiots. If Nick were here he'd make an inappropriate joke due to our position right now. But in this moment all I can think about is him.

He's still sitting on me, my legs crossed and his on the sides of mine. He puts his head in my shoulder and his arms around my waist. This is perfect, everything is perfect.

The boy in my arms is everything I could've asked for. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually happy, and nothing can take that away from me.

No longer do I have to face the dread, the shame, the guilt, of liking my best friend. He's my boyfriend now and I wonder what the future holds for us. But right now all I can focus on is the boy that's with me, that's all I need.

-Nick-
Me and Karl are sitting on the couch, it's a bit awkward since neither of us knew what to do. We're together but I don't know what he's comfortable or uncomfortable with. I decide I should ask him

"So... Is there anything you aren't comfortable with doing with me?" I ask, kinda making myself sound like a dick. "Hey it's not like your my first relationship, and I'm not a kid, I'm not scared to do things with you, if that's what your asking." He says, crossing his arms.

He's fucking adorable. I still don't know if he's just saying that until he rubs my bottom lip with his thumb and then quickly replaces his finger with his lips.

Guess he wasn't scared as I thought he'd be, I still don't know how far he's willing to go but I know that this is enough for me.