𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎: 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

Start from the beginning

All that fuss landed him in jeans and a black button-down shirt and his hair was left as messy as ever. 

It was the most fitting because that was the getup that Lily liked best. 

As the afternoon grew late, James swooped into the lounge to get his Lily Flower. 

Angelica's not-so-subtle hints worked, and Lily wore her hair in a braid, and had a cute sundress on. It was perfect for their picnic. 

James and Lily were off, and Angelica turned to Sirius. 

Unluckily for her, it seemed Sirius did not confide in Lily as to where he wanted to take her, so she was left with an entire closet of possibilities to wear. 

His black leather jacket, boots and wavy hair was his everyday attire, so she got no clues from that either. 

"Where are we going?" 

Sirius leaned back against the table. "I'm not telling you." 

She looked down at herself. She was wearing wide pants and a blouse which had a bow below the neckline. Since Lily insisted on doing her hair and makeup, she'd managed to convince Angelica to leave her hair down, save for the two pieces she pulled back and tied with another bow. 

"Am I appropriately dressed?" she asked him.

"You are beautiful, Angel." 

He didn't actually answer her question and she would have pushed more if what he said hadn't begun replaying in her head. 

She was beautiful. She knew it. 

But every time he said it, it felt like he was saying it to more than what his eyes could see. 

"Can I try something on you?" she asked hesitantly. 

"Yeah." 

"Okay." She pointed at the couch. "You sit." 

As he walked to the couch, she went to the dresser and grabbed something. 

Then she was walking to him and then she sat herself on his lap before readjusting until she was straddling him. 

"Woah," smirked Sirius as he leaned back. "I didn't think you meant like this." 

As he lifted his hands to her waist, she swatted them away. "It's not anything like what you have in mind. Come closer." 

Sirius moved his face closer to hers and she placed her hand under his chin as she held up an eyeliner pencil. 

"What? Are you going to gorge my eyes out?" he asked in confusion. 

"No, I'm going to put some on for you." 

"Okay." 

"I'm just warning you," she said as she moved the pencil closer to his eye. "I'm not actually putting this inside your eye, and it usually doesn't hurt. So don't jerk your head otherwise it will hurt." 

"You're scaring me," he murmured quietly. 

Just as the pencil neared his waterline, he jerked away. "You're going to poke my eye with that thing!" 

"No, I'm not. Just hold still." 

He managed to hold still but with the awful way he kept twitching his eye, she pulled back and inhaled sharply. "I'm not going to hurt you!" 

"You might just with that pointy thing!" he remarked. 

She scoffed. "Weren't you just going on a couple months ago about how I could never hurt you?"