𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟎: 𝐈𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Angelica and Lily sat at a table in a corner of the Hogwarts library, their heads bent together in deep discussion. Parchment and quills lay scattered across the table, evidence of their diligent studying, but for now, the conversation had shifted to a different topic entirely: their plans for their future apartment.

"I'm telling you, Lily, black walls would be perfect," Angelica insisted, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "It'll give the place a cozy, mysterious vibe."

Lily frowned, shaking her head in disagreement. "Black walls? Are you serious? That's way too dark and gloomy. We want our apartment to feel warm and inviting, not like a dungeon."

"But think about it," Angelica persisted, leaning in closer. "We can decorate with gold accents and all velvet furniture!" 

Lily sighed, rubbing her temples with frustration. "Angelica, I love you, but I'm not living in a dungeon. Our walls are staying white." 

"What about my room?" Angelica asked hopefully, "Can I make my room black?"

"You can get black duvets, pillows, curtains and whatever else you want, but you will not paint your walls black."

Angelica mumbled, "You remind me of my mother." Lily grinned at that, and Angelica remarked, "It's not a complement." 

Lily stood up. "I'm going to get a textbook, when I return, we need to go back to studying." 

Both of their eyes fell on the high stack of textbooks that Lily had already accumulated, and Angelica wrinkled her nose. "Another one." 

"The pursuit of knowledge is a lengthy one," shrugged Lily as she turned and disappeared into the shelves. 

Left alone once again, Angelica pulled a textbook towards her and began to read through it. 

Suddenly, she heard a sound that could easily be mistaken for a herd of stampeding Hippogriffs. She looked up to see the Marauders strutting towards her, their laughter echoing off the high ceilings.

Angelica cursed under her breath wishing she had disappeared with Lily, as the four of them dragged extra chairs towards her table and flopped down around them, emptying their study contents and disturbing the otherwise quiet space. 

James grinned. "What's the happenings, Lestrange?" 

Angelica blinked in slight disbelief, "Um, studying?" she replied, more as a question than a statement.

"Mind if we crash your study sesh?" he asked, messing his already unruly hair more.

Before Angelica could protest, James exclaimed, "Great!" And then completely ignoring Angelica's bewildered expression, he went on with, "Let's get this study party started!"

And with that, chaos ensued.

Peter accidentally knocked over the stack of books, sending them clattering to the floor in a sound so loud, it echoed through the library, causing several nearby students to jump in surprise. 

James attempted to summon a quill, but instead summoned a large rubber duck.

Meanwhile, Sirius attempted to charm his quill to write notes on its own. However, the charm backfired, and the quill began scribbling wildly across the parchment, leaving a trail of nonsensical doodles in its wake.

Remus' futile attempt at reversing Sirius' quill charm resulted in him charming all the quills on the table to begin doodling on the parchment.

Through it all, Angelica sat in stunned silence, wondering how her quiet study session had devolved into utter pandemonium.