𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

 ˚✩ ⋆。˚  ✩

"Shit."

Angelica stared wide-eyed at the sight of Adrian standing before her with a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair dripping with water. She tugged the bedsheet higher, covering her bare body fully.

"I mean..." began Adrian awkwardly, "If you're willing to act like it never happened, I can do the same."

Angelica shut her eyes and clasped her hand over her mouth. "Yes, please."

Adrian nodded and motioned to the entrance of his bathroom. "I'll just...be in there, I guess."

As soon as he disappeared into the bathroom, Angelica pulled herself out of his bed and hurriedly dressed once again.

It took less than two minutes for her to make her way out of his room and scurry down to the Breakfast Hall to continue her day as though she did not just lose her virginity to Adrian Flint. 

***

"Well," began Lily, "As soon as you left, James told Sirius that he's full of shit and then James and I went for a walk before he could say anything else."

Angelica stirred her piping hot porridge, ignoring the pain her body was in and asked, "And then?"

"I told you. I don't know. James and I left—"

"Yeah, I mean between you and James."

A crimson blush spread over Lily's cheeks. "Just the usual. We took a walk, had a disagreement about Polyjuice Potion, he asked me to the Yule Ball, we discussed our plans for Christmas— don't you look at me like that, Miss Lestrange. James and I are going as friends."

"Of course, you are," teased Angelica, motioning towards where James was strutting towards them, a huge goofy grin on his lips.

"Good morning, beautiful," announced James as he cheerily took a seat beside Angelica.

"Potter," gasped Lily, "I already told you not to—" 

"I was talking to Angelica." On cue, he turned his face to Angelica, and winked at her. 

"I feel like sending a howler to the Hogwarts population and telling them that Lily Evans is going to the Yule Ball with James Potter. The newspaper club won't have anything to talk about until your children start attending," Angelica joked.

Lily started up abruptly. "I must go to the library!" She grabbed her pile of books and darted out of the breakfast hall, leaving Angelica and James to watch after her in amusement.

"You're giving her the collywobbles," commented Angelica, giving James a pat on his back.

"Finally," remarked James, before looking back at Angelica. "Where were you last night?"