𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Angelica was in the habit of pulling her sleeves down past her knuckles by the time she returned to Platform 9 and 3/4's. Since it was still Winter, it raised no suspicions. She knew that in a few months' time, once the weather turned warmer, hiding that mark would become difficult.

As if she didn't have enough to deal with already, she made a note to herself to find a way of making it disappear.

Her parent's lecture, which consisted only, of warnings to stay away from Sirius was rather unnecessary. She had already made it her own personal mission to avoid him entirely.

That mark would certainly prove useful in that manner.

Angelica's coping mechanism was cutting herself off from everyone. Being alone, only with her thoughts as company, was her way of dealing with situations and coming to terms with them. Much to her parent's displeasure, she had spent the last few days of the Christmas holiday cooped up in her room.

The desire to sit in a compartment by herself for the ride back to Hogwarts was immense, but Alastair and Fenella made sure to keep her with them. The request, undoubtedly, one from her parents.

"Quidditch Through the Ages?" asked Angelica, noticing the book in Regulus' lap.

He tucked it into his coat pocket as he nods it. "I was thinking about trying out next year."

She raised an eyebrow. "I thought you hated the game."

Regulus shrugged. "Hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say I hate it." He sighed audibly. "Academics are going well and I'm not sure what else I could do to pass time, so maybe Quidditch could give me some purpose."

"Purpose for what?" she asked him, with a slight frown.

"Life, I suppose."

"I don't think Quidditch is going to help with that," she told him.

He scoffed. "Optimism. I love that in a fellow human being."

The corners of her lips twitched. "Human being to human being, I'm looking for some purpose too."

"Something beyond disappearing in Kreacher's snap of the fingers?" he asked, with a tone of sarcasm.

"I suppose that is the ultimate goal, but the more I think about it, the more depressing it makes me seem," murmured Angelica.

Regulus dropped his head and with a tone of resignation, he said, "We are depressing, aren't we?"

"Mmh, but hear me out. I say, if we become the best at being depressing, maybe our parents will be proud of us," she joked.

"See now, Angelica—" he remarked, "—hopeful as you and I usually are, there are some things that are, in simple words, impossible."

"Both of you need to take some happy pills from Rosier," grimaced Rabastan, shaking his head at them.