𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Since Professor Slughorn repeatedly and personally asked Angelica to attend the Christmas Party he was having the night before they left for home, she decided she would go.

And since Regulus was invited as well, they decided they'd go together as friends. She made it painfully clear to him and tried not to soften her decision when she saw the way he looked at her.

The only fancy robes she packed was black and it was for in case she decided to drop out of school and become a harlot.

She wasn't quite on good enough terms with her parents due to the Sirius situation from the beginning of the school year, so she settled with wearing what she had.

She ran her eyes over herself in the mirror. Her robes had a corseted bodice that flared out into an overskirt-styled covering. Since it displayed a great deal of her legs, she paired the dress with thigh-high stockings only to realise that it made the situation worse.

A loud gasp from the doorway had her turning around to see Fenella staring at her with wide eyes. "In the best way possible, you look like those Muggle strippers Lucius and Dolph hire."

Angelica grinned before facing forward and pulling up a part of her hair which she clipped back, leaving it to tumble just as the rest of her hair did down her back. She pulled a few strands loose until they hung down her face.

"You're doing Bella's hair," commented Fenella.

"Um, no, I'm doing my own hair," said Angelica.

Fenella groaned. "You know what I mean."

Angelica ran her eyes over herself one more time before pushing her feet into her heeled laced boots and sauntering out of her room and to the Common Room where Regulus sat on the couch with Rabastan.

She walked in front of them and asked, "Ready to go?"

Both boys looked up at her at the same time and she watched as their mouths fell open. She couldn't tell which one looked more idiotic.

"Why are you dressed like you're about to accompany me into the depths of Hell?" asked Rabastan, before grabbing her arm. "Are those my gloves?!"

Angelica pulled her hand back and smiled at the leathered gloves covering her fingers. "They're our gloves, Rab. You're my brother."

"They're from Rome!" cried out Rabastan.

"You can buy another pair of gloves, but you can't buy another sister like me," remarked Angelica, her eyes flashing to where Regulus still sat gaping at her.

When Rabastan noticed, he nudged Regulus until he shook his head and stood up. "Are you ready—?"

"I can't believe my best friend and sister are going on a date," muttered Rabastan.