𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐓𝐫𝐲-𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

 ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Angelica was lying on her bed after school as she usually did when Alastair Travers barged into her room, setting his eyes on her. As soon as she saw him clad in green and silver Quidditch robes, she remembered what she had forgotten.

She dropped her eyes to the pair of similar robes in his hands and shook her head. "Look, Alas. I have had a terrible week. I don't—"

He threw the robes at her. "I don't particularly care. Change."

"No, but I've had a terrible week—"

"And I've had a terrible life," he shrugged. "Change."

"For a best friend, you suck!" she told him, earning a grin in response.

He didn't even leave the room when she told him to so she could change because he knew she was going to lock him out. Angelica whined the entire way down to the pitch and Alastair patiently ignored it. Once they reached the pitch where other Slytherin students had gathered, he threw a smile her way. "You'll thank me for this."

"You are a foul git," she told him in response.

The captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team was Adrian Flint- a muscular sixth year with a nasty temper. He threw broomsticks at them, and they were separated into four teams for trying out. Even Angelica grimaced at the insults he threw at the players. His position was beater.

Angelica could not think of anyone who would suit the position better than him.

When it was their turn to try out, Alastair smiled at her. "Just like an old game at home, Lica."

She mounted her broomstick and smirked at him. "So basically, a game where I kick your arse?"

He laughed and tapped her broomstick. "We'll see about that."

And then, he flew out to the opposite side of the field of her. Luckily enough, both of them were trying out for positions of Chasers. Angelica tried to score a few goals, but most of the match consisted of her and Alastair sabotaging each other.

This greatly annoyed Flint, and he blew his whistle ending the game quicker than the others.

The two of them dismounted their broomsticks, holding back laughter as Adrian yelled at them. "You think this is a joke, do you? The only joke around here is your foul faces and the only use you'd have to a team is knocking out components with how ugly you are!"

Angelica clapped her hand over her mouth and bit down on her palm as Alastair shifted from foot to foot, both doing their absolute best to not laugh in the captain's face.

Adrian summoned a clipboard and made a few scribbles on it before looking each student in the eyes. "You are all highly pathetic players, but I will choose the least pathetic of you and hang up the notice in the common room. Now bugger off!"