𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟗: 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Angelica sat in one of the cozy booths at Madam Rosmerta's, her heart racing with anticipation.

Across from her, Milton Vance smiled warmly, his eyes sparkling with interest as they engaged in conversation. The dimly lit atmosphere and the soft murmur of voices around them created the perfect setting for a first date.

With his tousled brown hair and wire-rimmed glasses perched on his nose, he exuded an air of quiet intelligence and undeniable charm. Angelica eyes practically lit up with joy when he laughed, and two dimples appeared on his cheeks.

As they chatted about from their favorite classes to their hobbies outside of school, Angelica found herself drawn to Milton's easygoing demeanor and quick wit and just as she was truly starting to enjoy herself, a figure appeared and dropped down into the small space on the bench beside Milton. 

Angelica's heart sank as she looked up to see Sirius Black sitting there, a cocky grin plastered across his face. 

Milton's smile faltered slightly, a hint of confusion crossing his features as he glanced at where Sirius was sitting comfortably next to him. "Uh, hi," he said, his tone polite but guarded.

Angelica felt a knot form in her stomach as she braced herself for whatever antics Sirius had in store. She shot him a warning glare, silently urging him to leave them alone, but Sirius seemed unfazed by her silent plea.

"Hi, Milton," said Sirius, popping his words. "What's up?" 

"That kind of sounds like a question I should be asking you," remarked Milton.

"What are you doing here, Sirius?" Angelica asked, her tone dripping with annoyance.

Sirius leaned back casually against the booth, his grin widening. "Oh, you know, just thought I'd drop by and say hello to my dear friend Milton here."

Milton raised an eyebrow, clearly perplexed by Sirius's claim of friendship. "Friend?"

"Of course, we go way back, don't we, Milton?" he said, shooting him a glance. "Remember that time we charmed Filch's mop to follow him around the castle, squeaking like a mouse every time he took a step?"

"Not quite," murmured Milton, locking his jaw slightly. "The way I remember it is you and Potter used my wand to do it, so I landed in detention for a month while you two got on without even a peep of punishment." 

Sirius's grin faltered for a moment before he reacted with a careless shrug. "Ah, well, you win some, you lose some, right?"

Milton shot Sirius a look of frustration as he said, "I'm sorry, did you need something?" 

Sirius rubbed his nose and said, "Just thought I'd drop by and keep you kids' company." He gestured to Madam Rosmerta, calling out, "Three butterbeers, please!" 

"Oh, you don't have to order us anything, we've already eaten," pointed out Milton. 

Sirius raised an eyebrow, feigning innocence. "Who said they're for you?" 

Angelica sighed inwardly and pressed a hand to her head as Madam Rosmerta approached with the butterbeers and set them down in front of him.

 "Thank you, my dear," he said, reaching for a drink and raising it in a mock toast. "To Milton. For this lovely date." 

Milton looked at Angelica questioningly as if she would somehow have an explanation for this terrible intrusion, but all she could do was shake her head in response. 

"So, Milton," Sirius began, leaning in with exaggerated interest, "What's your favorite subject at Hogwarts?"

Milton swallowed hard. "I'd have to say Transfiguration. Can you leave?"