𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

 ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Another week passed at Hogwarts and fifth year students were beginning to realise why so much emphasis was placed on that year. They were bombarded with homework and assignments and study groups from all lessons.

They could not have been more thankful for weekends merely for the ability to do nothing for a few hours of the day. Angelica had retreated to her common room when Fenella jumped on her and screeched. "You're in!!"

"What?!" she questioned, trying her best to push Fenella off and save her eardrums.

She saw that Alastair was grinning at her, from ear-to-ear. "You made the Quidditch team, Lica."

Angelica repeated her former question with more zest, "What?!"

Fenella pulled her sleeve and took her to the notice, and then pointed out where Angelica and Alastair's names shone under the heading Chasers.

"You know what this means, right?" asked Alastair, draping an arm over Fenella's shoulders. "We need to celebrate."

As Angelica opened her mouth to respond, her two friends had each other in an open-mouthed snog.

"Gross!" gagged Angelica, blocking her eyes. "Why must you ruin such a happy moment for me?"

She forced their heads apart as Fenella laughed. And then she jumped, "We've got to get going. I bet they're waiting for us!"

"They?" asked Angelica.

Alastair and Fenella nodded at each other before taking an arm each of Angelica's and dragging her out of the common room.

Fenella ignored Angelica's protests and said, "So, you know, since it's my birthday tomorrow, we're going to Three Broomsticks for butterbeer and—"

"I'm banned from Hogsmeade," Angelica reminded them.

"Yeah, and Fen and I are great friends so we're sorting that out," explained Alastair.

Angelica was beyond lost. "Where are we going, anyways?"

"The owlery," they answered in unison.

She shuddered at the remembrance of the snow-white owl with dark brown spots. Alastair and Fenella ignored her questions all through the rest of their walk. Angelica knew they made it to the top of the West Tower when she could hear nothing but the sound of owl hoots.

"Why are we here?" she asked for the umpteenth time.

As soon as she was pushed in, she scrunched her nose at the room with was covered by feathers and cages and which mimicked a natural owl habitat. And then her breath hitched when she saw three boys standing at the edge of the room.

James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

Three quarters of Gryffindor's imbecile line.

Angelica looked around the room knowing that the last quarter was probably around somewhere.