𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟏: 𝐒𝐮𝐧-𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

The Great Hall buzzed with the chatter of students as breakfast time drew to a close. Angelica, her heart heavy with the weight of what she was about to do, made her way to the Gryffindor table. She spotted Sirius sitting amidst the sea of red and gold, his usual confident demeanor somewhat subdued as he idly picked at his food.

She stopped behind him and waited for him to notice her presence. When he looked up at her, she asked quietly, her voice barely audible above the din of the hall. "Can I talk to you?" 

His eyes lit up momentarily, a flicker of hope dancing within them as he nodded, pushing aside his plate and rising to his feet. 

They moved in unspoken agreement, seeking a quieter corner away from prying eyes.

As they settled across from each other, emotions ran wild beneath the surface, tangling their words in a web of uncertainty. They exchanged a meaningful glance, a silent acknowledgment of what lingered between them.

Then, as if spurred by a shared understanding, they both began to speak at once, their words colliding in the space between them before falling into an uneasy silence.

"Me first," Angelica said softly, her voice breaking through the stillness. 

Sirius nodded; his expression unreadable.

"I think we should move on."

Sirius stared at her with a blank expression. He looked like he didn't hear what she said. Or rather, he looked as though he didn't want to hear what she said.

Sirius's features softened, a shadow of confusion clouding his gaze. "What?" he murmured, his voice fragile.

"I think we should move on from our feelings," she continued, her voice steady despite the ache in her heart. It was a decision she had wrestled with for far too long.

She hadn't been able to move on from him for 18 years. 

"I need you in my life, Sirius," she confessed, her vulnerability laid bare before him. 

Just like always. It was always her needing him. 

"But when we let our feelings get in the way, everything just becomes complicated, and then we lose each other."

And she couldn't lose him. Not again. Not after everything.

"And I don't want that," she concluded, her voice tinged with a hint of sorrow.

Sirius's silence spoke volumes, his eyes searching hers for answers he couldn't seem to find. He struggled to find the right words, his thoughts swirling in a storm of conflicting emotions.

"A lifetime is very long," Angelica pressed on, forcing a smile to her lips despite the ache in her chest. "You won't spend it only having feelings for me."

But deep down, she knew that letting go would be the hardest thing she'd ever done.

"What did you want to say?" she asked softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

He shook his head faintly, his resolve crumbling beneath the weight of their shared history. "Forgot..." he muttered, his voice trailing off.

Angelica's smile faltered. "Do you think you could do that for me? Be my friend?" 

 Sirius looked at her with hurt and pain in his eyes, opening his mouth to say something, but mid-way, he changed his mind and gave her a teasing smile. "Only if you promise I'll be your favorite friend."