𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓: 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚  ✩

 ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

With her heart in her mouth the next morning, Angelica went to Lily's room.

Unfortunately, Lily wasn't in her room.

Nor was she in the library, or at breakfast.

When Angelica walked into Charms and she found Sirius and James speaking in solemn, hushed voices, she walked to them and asked, "Where's Lily?"

James looked up at her and shook his head, "Her parents... passed away last night and so she got sent back home this morning."

Her eyes widened and she immediately turned and walked out of the classroom, and then out of the school onto the grounds.

She suspected that she wouldn't be given official leave and hoped her strength was strong enough to cover the distance as she shut her eyes, thought of Lily and disapparated.

A gasp left her mouth at the instant downpour of rain that fell over her as she realized she stood in a graveyard.

Two people, dressed in all black were holding umbrellas over their heads and looking at Angelica as though she were a ghost. She looked down and saw Lily's flaming red hair. She was shaking with sobs as she kneeled between two tombstones.

Angelica turned to the side and found the two twisted faces still staring at her.

She recognized the tall, slender woman as Lily's sister, Petunia, and the burly man beside her must have been Vernon Dursley, her boyfriend.

While they had umbrellas over their heads, Lily was left drenched in the rain.

With a sigh of frustration, Angelica slid her robes off and crouched down. She held the robes up over Lily's head, in an attempt to block out some of the rainfall and also to make her presence known.

Lily, the girl who always had a smile on her face, looked at Angelica with bloodshot red eyes as a sob fell from her mouth.

"What are you doing here?" hiccupped Lily in a feeble attempt to wipe her eyes.

Angelica reached forward and pulled her into a hug, "I'm here to console my friend."

That was the wrong thing to say because it made Lily cry even harder and grip tightly onto Angelica.

Angelica stoked Lily's back gently as she murmured, "Don't you get your filthy muggle-kind snot on my coat; it's vintage."

With a laugh that sounded more like a choke, Lily wiped her nose. "You would deserve that with the way you've been acting over the last couple of months."

Rather than responding to that, Angelica took Lily's hand in her own and said, "I'm so sorry for your loss, Lils."

"They're gone, Angelica. They left me."