𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟗: 𝐅𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Angelica opened her eyes and there he was. 

Sitting on the bed and waiting for her like she asked him to. 

"Hey." "Are you okay?" 

They both spoke at the same time, and she nodded to answer his question, but he stood up and took her by the neck. 

Sirius tilted her neck back and frowned, "What happened?" 

There must have been blood stained at where the cut was. "Nothing. The Dark Lord healed it." 

He took hold of her arm and caressed her wrist gently as he asked, "If we run away, would he still be able to find you?" 

"There's a tracker in this. So, yes."  

"Reggie's smart, isn't he?" asked Sirius. "Ask him to find a way." 

She nodded. "I'll ask him tomorrow." 

They both knew she wouldn't. There was a wizarding war quickly approaching. The Dark Lord needed her as much as Albus Dumbledore did. She would not be going anywhere until the war ended. 

Siris lifted his warm fingers to her cheeks as he lowered his face and rested his forehead against hers as their breaths mingled. 

"I'm sorry," he murmured as he stroked her cheeks softly. 

"What are you apologizing for?" 

"I'm sorry you're tangled up in this mess. All you ever wanted was a cottage house in the hills of France. We should have really gone when we were 10." 

"Promise me you'll take me once this war is done, and I'll forgive you." 

He linked fingers with hers as he murmured, "Infinity promise." 

She stepped back and shrugged her robes off. "I need to shower." 

He sat back down on the bed. "I'll be right here when you're out." 

She frowned down at him. 

"What?" 

"Nothing." She went off into the bathroom and shut the door behind her. 

Sirius wondered whether he should have asked to join her but the sound of the door being locked kept him seated. 

He pushed back and rested against the headboard as he grabbed the Daily Prophet off the bedside and turned to the crossword. 

Angelica had already completed half of it, and he busied himself with the second half as the sound of water running ran in the background. 

Nearly an hour passed before the door unlocked and she stepped out.

He looked up and a laugh fell from his mouth when he saw her pyjamas. 

"You've got to be kidding me."