𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"I just came to leave something—" said Angelica as Sirius walked towards her. "I must be on my way now."

"What did you come to leave?" he asked.

She slowly shifted her body, hoping to block his view of the present on the table. "Floo powder. I came to leave Floo powder. Well, to replace it actually. Since I used so much, it was the moral thing to do."

"Uh huh," he nodded. "And what of the thing you're hiding behind your back."

Angelica shook her head in mock thoughtfulness. "No such thing that I know of."

He wrapped an arm around her waist and reached behind her with his free hand, closing it around the present.

She shut her eyes and sighed audibly, wishing she could have just disapparated.

He paused for a moment- considering how profitable it would be to drop his arm from Angelica. He decided not much.

So, he lifted the parcel to his mouth and tore the packaging open. With his teeth.

As he let the packaging paper fall to the ground, Angelica's lips parted.

He gave her a smirk and placed the box on the table, keeping only the letter in his hand.

"Do you think you could maybe let me go?" she asked, pushing at his chest.

He just shook his head and proceeded to use his teeth to unfold the letter before taking it into his hand and beginning to read the letter aloud.

"Sirius

I know Christmas was a few days ago, but I got you a gift anyways."

"You cannot read that out loud!" Angelica exclaimed, struggling against him again.

He watched her struggle with content and asked, "Why can't I?"

"Because it's private," she answered.

"Between who?"

"You and me."

"And who's in this room?" Sirius asked, looking amused by how easily she was playing.

"Me and you."

He continued to read out loud...

"I apologise for shouting at you at the Christmas party. And at the Ball. And that day at Hogsmeade. I'm still mad at you, but I do apologise for the shouting. I didn't know about the owls. Accept my apology. Thanks.

I don't hate you for leaving. I try hating you, it doesn't work, I end up hating everything else. Bad cycle and totally do not recommend. You had every right to leave. I'm proud of you for leaving.