Y/N looked down to Hermione's hand, swinging next to hers. She looked back up to the Gryffindor for a moment before taking a slightly sharp intake of breath as her hand reached out to grab Hermione's, their fingers intertwining.

Hermione looked down at their hands, her face blazing a dark crimson as she tried to fight the smile that was threatening to plaster itself on her lips. She gave Y/N's hand a small squeeze, the Ravenclaw returning the gesture in return.

The two continued to walk up the stairs until they got to the last corridor, both girls turning from the staircase into the somewhat narrow hallway. They walked down the hallway for a few more seconds until they approached a large pair of wooden doors to their left, both recognizing it as the entrance to the tower.

Y/N reached her unoccupied hand out to grasp at the cool metal handle of the door, her fingers wrapping themselves around the handle. She pulled the door open as she turned to Hermione, nodding her head in the direction of the room.

"You first."

Hermione sent her a small smile, their hands still interlocked as Y/N trailed behind her. The two girls stepped into a room with a spiral staircase near the back, desks full of microscopes lining the room. They made their way through the aisle of desks to the staircase. They climbed the steps in silence, neither making a move to remove their hands.

They neared the top of the steps as the large figure of a globe with rings around it came into view. The top of the tower was emitted with the light of the moon as the two girls walked towards the edge of the railing, a small ledge allowing them to fully see the starry night above them.

Y/N looked at the sky in awe for a moment, the sight of constellations and a shooting star passing them making her smile. She turned to Hermione, the bushy-haired girl watching the shooting star with amusement. Y/N couldn't help but feel her heart flutter at the sight, her smile widening a bit more. She gave Hermione's hand a light squeeze, the Gryffindor turning to look at her with a small smile accompanied with a quizzical look.

"How 'bout we get this date started?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I ask you something?"

Y/N turned to look at Hermione, her eyes detaching from the night sky as she gazed at Hermione with a skeptical look. She slowly nodded, "Yeah."

Hermione seemed to think for a second, both girls sitting next to each other as their shoulders brushed, Y/N propped up on her elbows as Hermione sat criss-cross.

"When did you start to fancy me?"

Y/N thought for a second, a small smile rising to her lips. "Honestly, I think a small part of me always has. However, if you want to talk starting to develop feelings, I'd say probably last year at the start of third year. When we saw each other at Three Broomsticks I kinda knew something was different."

Hermione smiled at Y/N's statement, a light blush rising to her cheeks. Y/N looked at her amused, quirking an eyebrow up at her as she softly spoke, "What about you, Mione?"

"If we're being honest," Hermione said, her blush darkening, "Ever since second year. I didn't know what I was actually feeling until last year, that's when I knew."

"So twelve year-old me was pretty cute, hm?"

Hermione rolled her eyes with a dark blush, shoving Y/N's shoulder gently with a small smile. "You're honestly insufferable."

"You like it, though," Y/N challenged back with a smirk, Hermione turning her head back to face in front of her, looking up at the sky in hopes of hiding her prominent blush. Y/N chuckled at the flustered girl's state before turning back to the night sky, her eyes scanning the many constellations and stars lining it.

A silence fell on the two girls as they observed the atmosphere around them, the moonlight beaming down on their faces.

Y/N looked at the sky for a moment before looking to Hermione, her face looking content with a small smile as she looked at the starry, night sky. The Ravenclaw smiled at her side profile, her stomach erupting into butterflies.

She couldn't believe she was really on a date with Hermione Granger, let alone the fact that she actually agreed to it. Y/N considered herself lucky to have someone like Hermione really fancy her, especially with their love-hate relationship in the past.

Y/N continued to stare at Hermione for a few more moments, the Gryffindor keeping her eyes on the sky as she let out a content sigh, oblivious to Y/N's staring.

"It's really quite beautiful, isn't it," she said quietly, her eyes darting between the different stars and constellations that spread themselves out in the atmosphere above them.

"Yeah," Y/N said, her voice coming out soft as she kept her eyes glued on Hermione, "It really is."

Hermione noticed the hushed tone of her voice, turning to look at Y/N to see her already looking at her. Hermione's mind finally pieced together the meaning of her words, as she lightly blushed.

"The sky is that way, y'know," Hermione said shyly, softly as her blush deepened. Y/N only smiled with a nod, her eyes not leaving Hermione's.

"I know."

Hermione's heart fluttered at her words as she saw Y/N slowly start to lean in, her heartbeat hammering in her ears as she got closer. Y/N inched her face closer to Hermione's, their noses brushing as Hermione's eyes fluttered closed with a sharp intake of breath, preparing herself for the feeling of Y/N's lips on hers.

Y/N slightly smirked at Hermione's reaction before closing the distance, her lips softly pressing to the bushy-haired girl's. Hermione's hands immediately flew up to cup Y/N's jaw, sitting herself up on her knees so she could lean down to kiss Y/N easier since the Ravenclaw was propped up on her elbows.

Y/N slowly sat herself up as Hermione moved her body closer, immediately straddling her lap as Y/N's hands made themselves comfortable on her hips at a respectful position. Hermione's hands made no move to disconnect from Y/N's jaw, in fact, they pulled their faces closer, looking for any and every inch of separation to disappear from between them.

Their lips melted against each other as their kiss remained slow and passionate, the sound of their lips smacking together being heard underneath the starry sky.

Y/N's left hand removed itself from Hermione's hip to rest behind her neck, pushing their lips closer together as a small gasp left Hermione's lips. Y/N smirked against Hermione's lips as she slightly pulled away.

"So, pretty good for a first date?"

Hermione rolled her eyes before feverishly pushing her lips back to Y/N's, mumbling against her lips, "Kiss me, you ass."

Y/N let a soft laugh leave her lips before connecting their lips back together, both girls relishing in the feeling as they got lost in the kiss, the starry night being the only one watching as the two girls poured their emotions out into one kiss.

_______________________________

𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖. (𝕘𝕩𝕘)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें