Chapter 46

-Peeta's POV-

We're walking along the beach, hand in hand. Just enjoying the moment with each other. "Why did you get them, your tattoos?"

"Well the one on my shoulder is basically saying that if I killed myself, who would tell my life story? No one else has been all through my life with me, they've all left at some point. The one on my arm is basically to tell myself to believe in myself. Then the one on my foot my father always used to say. I'm planning on getting a small one for Prim and one for my mother so it doesn't seem like I only miss my father" she says.

"I know I keep saying this but I understand"

"You don't though Peeta! You haven't been through what I have. You still have your parents and brothers! Everyone liked you in school, you were popular. I don't have parents or my sister. No one liked me in school except Finnick, Marvel, Madge, Annie and Johanna, I wasn't popular. I never wanted love. You did. I never want children, you do. What's the worse that has happened to you hey?"

"My mother hitting me.."

"Exactly. I saw my family die when I was eight! I got bullied, Haymitch never cared for me except when we had visitors, he's only nice to me now because of Effie! You know the reason why he brought me here, away from you? To make me suffer! Boys are horrible here, they just want to use girls then leave them. Within the first week of me being here, fourteen boys had asked me to sleep with them! Jay doesn't know this but his girlfriend hits me because I'm close with him! Your life is perfect compared to mine! You still have all your friends where you are, I don't"

"Why didn't you tell me about all of this?" I ask.

"I don't talk about my feelings"

"Why? You can trust me, can't you?"

She shrugs. "I don't know Peeta. I don't really trust anyone at the moment, they just go behind me back or leave"

"You know I wouldn't" I say looking at her.

"How would I know that?"

I shrug. "Well you should. I'd never do anything like that, especially to you" I say with my hands on her jawline.

"I know you wouldn't, it's just I'm really struggling to trust people at the moment"

"I know baby, I'll wait as long as I need. Just as long as I have you" I say pressing my lips against hers. She kisses back, her hands cupping my cheeks as my arewrapped around her waist.

What Peeta didn't know was that Katniss whole right arm was covered in bruises from her uncle. She wouldn't dare to tell anyone because she'd get a punishment. All she wanted was to be with Peeta and her friends but Haymitch wouldn't allow her to because she was his little entertainment. She wasn't just broken on the inside anymore but the outside too, slowly falling apart. It was if she was a mirror who had been smashed and her pieces were falling, until there was nothing left.

*gulps*

shits getting real guys😈😏

who knew Haymitch could be so mean?👊😱😭