Chapter 36

-Gale's POV-

Cashmere is currently comforting a still sobbing Katniss who's begging us to kill her. I pull my phone out and ring the contact I know all too well; Peeta. He answers after the fith ring.

"What do you want?" he spits.

"Look, I know you don't want to talk to me, but what the fuck have you done to Katniss? She juat ran into me and Cashmere while sobbing and was begging us to kill her!"

"Where is she now?" he asks, now concerned.

"Being comforted by Cashmere while she's still on her knees sobbing about how she wants to die"

"Haymitch left a while ago to find her though"

"Well he's not here"

"Wait, he's just walked in" he pauses. Theres talking then Peeta speaks up. "He said that he needs to know where you are now"

"Uhh" I say looking around for a street name. "Maxwell Street" I answer.

I hear Peeta telling that to who I'm guessing is Haymitch and I hear and door slam shut. "He's on his way"

"Okay" I breath heavily while watching her continue to beg Cashmere.

"Is she okay?" He asks.

"Haven't really changed, she's still begging"

He sighs. "You okay Peet?" I ask.

"I guess" he sighs. I turn my head when I hear footsteps, so does Cashmere. We see Haymitch is jogging down the street.

"Look, Peeta. Haymitch just turned up. Ill let you know if anything happens"

"Okay" hereplies and hangs up.

When he is right by Katniss he scoops her up.

"She's never been this bad before. Normally she would have calmed down by now. I'll have to take her to the mental home to see what's wrong with her"

"Peeta would be heartbroken!" Cashmere exclaims.

"He's the one that caused it. Cashmere, imagine you were Katniss. Now your boyfriends niece just told you that your boyfriend told her that you were his best friend and he told you again just because his niece was there"

"Oh.." Cashmere replies.

"And besides, didn't you think about that when you kidnapped her?"

"Peeta had to learn his lesson" I say.

Haymitch stays silent. Katniss is thrashing around in his embrace. "I thought he was the best thing that could happen to her, helping her through stuff and everything" He mumbles to himself.

"What happened?" Cashmere asks.

"Well Rye's daughter, Amy is quite close with Katniss apparently and Amy ran over to Katniss asking where she was and was saying how Peeta was crying and saying he had to find her. So she said she was lost and then said his best friend got jealous etc. then Amy sais she was Peeta's best friend too. Peeta had told Amy that Katniss was his best friend not his girlfriend and I'm guessing it upset her" Haymitch exclaims as Katniss continues to thrash around in his arms. "Anyway, I'd best go before she does anything else"

"Where are you taking her" I blurt.

"I've already said, I can't risk leaving her on her own and no other home would take her except the mental home, plus she'll have therapy there" he says.

I nod sighing, along with Cashmere. "How are you going to tell Peeta?" Cashmere questions.

"I'm not, once I've dropped her off I'll get her stuff then I'm going again, I only came to get the last of my stuff"

"You have to tell him!" Cashmere exclaims.

"You can if you want, but it's best if he doesn't know because he'll try to visit her and she doesn't need him sending her crazy by her seeing him again"

"That's true" I mumble.

"Anyway, I'll see you" he says and turn around and walks off with Katniss in his arms.

things are pretty much going down hill for Katniss at the moment😣

🎤Thought I heard you say, You love me, That your love was gonna be here to stay🎤