Chapter 56

-Finnick's POV-

We're all going to the beach today. The weather is amazing and it's the perfect day for it. We all meet up there and walk down onto the sand. We're about to set our things down when a frisbee comes over, hitting Katniss lightly on her back.

"Hey, hot stuff! Why don't you give that frisbee back then?" An older boy shouts.

Peeta goes to pick it up but Katniss stops him, picking it up herself. We all put our stuff out and sit down while Katniss takes the frisbee back. You can see Peeta watching closely, making sure they don't do anything.

As we're setting all our stuff out we hear a little squeal. Peeta quickly looks over, along with us to see Katniss being spun around by one of the boys as they hold her in their arms bridal style. Peeta goes to get up but I hold him down.

Once he puts her down, his arm goes around her waist. And to Peeta's concern, she lets him.

After a while of watching her with them, she picks up her bag and comes back over here.

"Hey, sorry about that." She appologises as she dumps her bag down.

"What was that?" Peeta blurts quickly.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you were a jealous boyfriend. For your information that's Zack, my cousin." she says folding her arms.

"That wasn't Zack." Peeta protests.

"That's Zack and his friends, for god sake! He was the one that called me 'hot stuff', not realising it was me!"

"Call him over then."

"Fine!" She turns around, facing the group of boys. "Hot stuff, get over here!"

The boy she was with turns his head, smirking as he jogs over. His hands go to her waist and tickles her as she starts squealing and squirming until she's sitting on his feet.

"Why'd you call me over?"

"Ah yeah. Peeta over there didn't believe it was you who called me hot stuff. Not realising it was me."

"Uhh yeah I called her hot. I wouldn't have if I knew it was her."

"Okay." Peeta says.

"I'm gonna hang around with Zack for a bit, 'kay?" Katniss asks.

Peeta nods. She jumps up and grabs Zacks hand before pulling him back to his friends.

"Katniss has been acting wierd for a few days now. Don't you think?" Annie says.

"Yeah, I can't put my finger on it though. Unless.." I say turning my head towards Peeta. "You're not telling us something. Like, Katniss being pregnant?"

"What? No! We haven't even done that yet!" He exclaims.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katniss comes back after a while and is currently sitting in Peeta's lap with his arms around her.

He's about to say something but she leans in and kisses him, after looking around.

Curious, I look around us. Behind me I spot a girl our age standing around 15 feet away from us. She has dark brown hair. She sees me looking at her and turns, bolting off.

I jump up. Startling all the others. I run after the girl. I eventually catch up with her, she turns her head to look behind her and I clock the face. I stop head in my tracks. The girl stops, confused. She turns to look at me.

She breaks out into a run over to me, pulling me into a deep hug. "Finnick." The voice breathes.

I pull the girl away from me, studying her tear stained face, bruised and cut face.

"Katniss? But who's th-" that's when it clocks me. "Iris."

She nods. "My dad locked me in the basement when I went over for dinner around a week ago. He sent Rosie to be me, knowing we're identical."

I pull her in for a hug. Holding her head close to me as she sobs.

"He didn't even realise it isn't me. He always says he knows everything about me. He would have noticed by now, sleeping with her and everything."

"He's been caught up with a lot of stuff. He's been with me most of the time."

"Oh."

"What happened to your face?" I ask.

"Dad." She mumbles.

"How can he hurt his ow daughter?" I say picking her up. Her lets wrap around my stomach and her arms wrap around my neck and her head hides in my neck and shoulder. My arms are holding her up by them being linked together under her thighs.

I walk back towards the other to see Peeta and Iris still kissing. The others are still sat there but constantly looking around for me.

I come into sight and they all jump up. Including Peeta and Iris. They all stop when they see me carrying someone.

"Do you want me to put you down?" I ask.

She shakes her head, now loosening her leg grip on me so they hang by my sides.

"M'kay." I say, still walking towards the others.

I stop when I get close to them. Annie, Madge, Johanna and Marvel's eyes widen along with Iris'.

"Katniss?" They mouth. I nod. "Iris?" They mouth, slightly pointing to Iris. I nod.

They run over. The rest stand there confused. Iris' eyes are still wide.

Katniss jumps down, still facing me but the others crowd around her.

"Can you call Iris over please?" She asks.

"Iris!" Marvel calls.

Iris walks over nervously. She gets to Katniss and turns to face her.

Katniss leaps on her, pushing her to the ground. Peeta rushes over as Iris punches Katniss in the mouth and nose.

He pulls Katniss off Iris while we pull Iris up. Johanna slaps Iris across the face.

"Leave my fucking girlfriend alone Johanna!" He yells. He punches Katniss in the stomach, making her scream in pain as she falls to the floor. We drop Iris and she falls to the floor.

"Katniss!" The girls shout as we run over to her. We kneel around her as we help her up. Peeta's over with Iris, her standing by his side.

Katniss pushes us away. Wiping the blood from her nose and mouth. Iris smirks at us. She walks up to Iris.

"Always wanted to have it your way didn't you? You always wanted to be the better one, wanting to see me fail all the time. Little miss perfect all the fucking time. Always getting your own way." She spits. "I always had the blame for everything you did. The only people who actually liked you was mum, dad and yourself. You're a little slut in my eyes."

"Stop talking about my girlfriend like that!" Peeta shouts.

"Well you are clearly blind then aren't you, to call her your girlfriend." she laughs. "You were always daddys little girl. You were always jealous of my friends because in reality you would always go behind their backs. No matter what is says on our birth certificates you'll never, ever be my twin sister."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Peeta sneers.

"Well, why don't you introduce yourself, sister?"

Iris stays quiet.

"Okay then, I'll do it shall I?" She spits. "That right there, yeah the one you were kissing earlier is my identical twin sister Iris Everdeen."