Chapter 40

-Peeta's POV-

I visit Katniss everyday. Sometimes the others tag along but it's normally just me. The other people who stay here know me quite well now after seeing me everyday. They're all happy Katniss is getting better with my help.

I knock and walk into her room, she's sitting on her sofa watching TV with her knees tight to to her chest. I look around her room to see it a mess again. I sigh and go and sit next to her. I put my arm around her and pull her close to me. "You had another nightmare again did you?" She nods and starts crying. "Ay ay ay" I coo, pulling her into my lap. "Shh, you'll get through this, you know why?" She shakes her head, looking up at me. "Because you have me and I'm not going anywhere" she smiles as I wipe the tears away from her eyes. "You bored?" I ask. she nods. "Why don't you come out of this room, there's lots to do out there and the other people are really friendly" I smile.

She nods, smiling. "I've been dying to go out there but I haven't been aloud because if how I acted"

"Well you have me this time" I smile getting up and standing her up. She smiles and leans up and pecks my lips. She takes my hand, gesturing she's ready. I walk to the door and open it, walking out and closing it behind us. Lots of them turn to see, thinking it's me leaving but their smile grows wider when then see Katniss. Some elderly and some around our age come over and Katniss gladly shakes their hands and hugs them.

I smile at her, finally being able to leave that room and meet the other people here.

After most of them have greeted her she decides to have a wonder around the house. She's found the arcade so I decide to go and get a coffee. Something catches my eye though. I look over to see Haymitch with Effie, Niamh, Jay and his girlfriend at the desk. I gulp, knowing she wasn't meant to have any visitors except Haymitch. I run back to the arcade.

"Katniss come on, you have to go back to your room Haynitch is here" She starres at me wide eyed before pulling me to her room. She quickly shuts the door and we lie down on her bed, her back pressed against my chest as I hold her close to me, when we hear the knock and the door opening we quickly shut our eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"What is he doing here?!" Haymitch growls.

"Haymitch be quiet, look how calm and happy she looks with him" Effie says. I hear Niamh gurgle and squeeze Katniss closer to me. She turns over, still pretending to be asleep and rests her head against my chest.

After a bit I hear the TV turn on, making Katniss 'stirr'. I feel her pecking my lips. I open my eyes after 'waking up' she smiles as me before kissing me again.

"Finally!" Haymitch grumbles. She turns to look at Haymitch. We both sit up. Haymitch looks to me. "How are you here? How'd you even know she was here?"

"Well the doctors rang me saying that she kept screaming my name so asked me to come see if I could do anything and she's been getting better since" I shrug.

He scoffs. "Yeah right, you were the one that sent her mental and her ending up here!"

"Haymitch! He's genuinely helping me unlike someone who just dumped me here and left and only now seeing" Katniss says.

"You dumped her here and left? Haymitch you told us you took her three says before you came back!" Jay says.

"Yeah right" Katniss scoffs. "He brought me here put my clothes away and went back to his 'perfect family'. So much for you being here for me. If anything Peeta's been here everyday since the doctors phoned him and that's the day after you practically dumped me here"

He rolls his eyes. "Next time I won't spend my time on coming to see you" Katniss rolls here eyes.

"Like I'd care. The Mellark's are more like a family to me than you've ever been"

"I'm glad" he smiles sarcastically.

"You've changed since you've been dating Effie. You don't even care about me anymore. I'm the only niece that you have remember"

"I wish you had died in that plane too" he says.

"Haymitch!" Jay and Effie exclaim. "That's horrible what you said. She's strong for what she's been though. No one else would be able to cope with that and you say that to her! She already wanted to die!" Effie shouts.

"She's a horrible excuse for a niece. I've always preferred Prim to her, I only took her in because she had no one else"

"That still gives you no right to say that to her!" Effie says coming to sit next to Katniss who's crying in my chest.

Effie goes to comfort her but Katniss gets up and walks out, slamming the door behind her. I stand up and face Haymitch. "You're the horrible excuse not her. She's the most perfect niece someone could ever ask for. You're a horrible excuse for an uncle" I say and storm out, leaving them there while I go and find Katniss.

❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔

So you've met the real side of Haymitch😁😳

Math test tomorrow📏😭😁

Just finished writing this and it's 11:50pm😂😂

Night😴

🎤Don't get to close, it's dark inside🎤