Chapter 53

-Peeta's POV-

She lets go of me and walks over to the others who are talking to the boy. I go back behind the counter, sorting out the bakes. I look over to see her hugging the older boy she came in with, he must be around early twenties.

"Thank you for getting me to come back" she mumbles.

He kisses the top of her head. "It would have been wrong of me not to"

She lets go. "Are you okay to get back?"

He nods. "I wouldn't make you come anyway 'cause god knows where you'll end up" he chuckles.

She slaps his arm. "Meanie"

"Yeah I know" he smirks.

"Shut up" she laughs. "Say hello to Charles, Melissa and Zoe for me" she says hugging him again.

"I will" he says hugging her back.

They let go and smile. "I'll walk you out"

They walk out, the door shutting behind them. "Who was that?" I ask confused. They shrug.

Katniss walks back in and smiles as she walks over to me. "Who was that" I ask.

"Oh Zack, you remember him don't you?" I shake my head. "Remember when we went to the beach ages ago, and you thought he was my boyfriend? Yeah I noticed that look on your face" she laughs.

I turn bright red. "I didn't realise you noticed"

She nods laughing. "You and your jealousy" she says poking my nose. "What are we going to do with it?"

"Nothing" I smirk. "Because admit it, you love it"

"Hmmm no" she shakes her head laughing.

"Oh you two stop flirting and come over here!" Johanna says.

"I'm working, I can't move" I smirk.

"Baker.." Johanna warns.

"Ugh fine" I say and walk over to them with Katniss. "What?"

"Fin and Annie are having a partay" Johanna says.

"Party" I correct.

"Shut up baker. If it wasn't for the fact your brainless' boyfriend I would have beaten you by now"

I chuckle. "Alright I'll shut up"

"When's the partay?" Katniss asks.

"Tonight, well it's just us. Some of Finnick and Annie's family"

"Okay? May I ask why?" Katniss asks, confused.

Annie holds up her left hand to show a silver ring on her ring finger. Katniss squeals and runs over to look. She hugs Annie tightly. "I knew it would happen soon" she squeals. I look over to Finnick who's looking at me smiling.

"You finally had the guts to do it then did you?"

He chuckles. "Yeah, last night. I had her mother and fathers blessing so I did it"

"Congrats" I say patting his back.

He pulls me in for a man hug. "When are you then?" he whispers in my ear.

"Not yet, she's not ready" I whisper back. "Plus I have to try and get her fathers blessing, her mothers will be easy" I say before letting go.

He nods and pats my shoulder. We both look over to see Katniss still admiring Annie's ring.

❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔

When's Peeta gonna propose 'en?🙈

Thank you for 600 followers❤️