Chapter 38

-Peeta's POV-

I take a deep breath, my hand on the knob of the door.

"Are you sure about this?" Annie asks worriedly.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine" I smile slightly. The truth is I don't know what's going to happen in there.

I hear foot steps then they stop behind me. I turn around to see a doctor.

"Are you going in?" The doctor asks, I nod.

"Can I watch to see what she acts like with you?"

"Uhh sure" I reply, a little confused.

"Thanks" he says and walks off into a room.

I look to the door. Is this the right thing to do? What if she goes nuts on me?

I twist the doorknob, opening the door. The room is a forest green colour, her favourite colour in fact.

There's not much in the room. A table and chair, a desk, a wardrobe and draws, a sofa, a TV, bookshelf and a lamp by her bed. There's another which is obviously to her bathroom, they've obviously put locks on the taps so that can't drown themselves.

"K-Katniss?" I ask nervously.

"Peeta?" I hear a croaky voice.

"Yeah, it's me. I heard Haymitch brought you here. I just wanted to see how you were doing"

I hear rustling. "Yeah, I hate him for that but I guess there was nothing else he could do. I was going nuts, I have been fine with everyone except you I guess.."

"Katniss I know you're in the wardrobe. Can you come out for me?" I say sitting on the floor. "I want to talk to you but not with a wardrobe door in the way" I hear rustling before one of the doors open and she crawls out, shutting the door behind her. She sits with her back against the wardrobe. She doesn't look at me at all.

I sigh. "Annie, Madge, Johanna, Marvel and Finnick want to see you" and with that I leave. I walk out.

"How'd it go?" Cato asks. I shrug.

"I got her out of the wardrobe.."

The frown their eyebrows. "She was in the wardrobe?" Annie asks I nod. "Oh and I told her you, Madge Johanna, Finnick and Marvel were going into see her so off you go"

They look to me before opening the door and walking in.

-Annie's POV-

We walk in, I'm really nervous to see her because she's changed, she's now been put in a mental home because of her actions!

What shocks me is the state on her room. There's books all over the floor, along with pillows, blankets and clothes. We see her kneeling on the floor, her hands on her face as she cries.

"Die. I just want to die. No one loves me anymore, not even my own uncle. He would have taken me with him if he loved me, not put me in this death hole where I'll be until I eventually find a way to end all of this people call their life. He doesn't even love me anymore, he never did. I got too caught up in his little game and now look what he's done to me. He's made me into this" she sobbs. "What's the point in this life inside me? I bet my own soul doesn't even love me.."

We all look at each other, not daring to say anything. We all have tears in our eyes. We look back to her as she continues.

"Life, the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death. T

he existence of an individual human being or animal. Life has a horribe meaning. I much prefer death. Death, the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism. That's what I want, death to take over me so I can be with my family who do actually love me, not fake being in love with me, like some people who live on this world. Some people don't know how lucky they actually are sometimes and they go saying I hate my mum or I hate my dad. I'd do anything to have mine with me right now. Some people actually have a good life, not being insane with depresstion and PTSD"

❤💔❤💔❤💔❤💔❤💔

awwe😢😣

sad chapter but had to be done to be honest😢😢😢💔

sorry it's really short😩

tell me your thoughts, I love to hear them❤❤

🎤It's like you're pouring salt on my cuts🎤