Chapter 25

-Peeta's POV-

I lead her into the room, I see the therapist go to speak but I put my finger to my lips for him to be quiet. He nods and I lead Katniss to a seat as I sit down and sit her in my lap.

"Okay Katniss, I'm going to take the blindfold off now but whatever you do you can't run off okay?"

"Okay?" she answers suspiciously. I undo her blindfold and take it off, she squints her eyes as they adjust to the light. Once she sees where we are she looks at me. "Really? Do you not think I've been here enough times in my life?"

"Hello Katniss" he says smiling. She turns her head to look at him, a smile grows on her face.

"Gary!" she exclaims and jumps out of my lap and hugs him.

He chuckles. "Well you've gotten better since I last saw you" She nods and comes back and sits in my lap. "So how've you been?"

"I've been good until recently. But it was totally my fault, I had kept all my emotions bottled up inside me for about four or five years and last week it was twelve years since my family passed and I just cried non-sop all day, saying I should kill myself and people would be better off without me and I should be with my family not here without them and ever since I haven't been right. I know it was stupid of me to keep my emotions bottled up inside me because of my mental case but I couldn't help it, I met new people and I thought that if I don't act normal then they'd think I'm a freak. So I've acted about how I actually am so they'd like me. I still hang around with Finnick, Annie, Madge, Marvel, Clove and Johanna and I told them I was acting around the others so they'd like me and they agreed not to tell them about it"

"Wait, so you were acting normal when you met us?" I ask her.

She nods. "Yep, obviously I would. I'm a mental case, this is the real me" she shrugs.

"I'm guessing this is Peeta, Katniss?" Gary asks her.

She nods. "Yep"

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"I used to do therapy with her, she always used to mention you and how popular you were in school and wouldn't notice a girl like Katniss because she was a nobody. She used to explain how kind you were and how much she had a crush on you" he explains.

I look to Katniss who is as red as tomato with blush.

"So will you be coming back continually or what?" Gary asks her.

"Yeah, I guess this was just a catch-up session ay?" she chuckles.

"If you want to call it that then yes, it was a catch-up session" he smiles.

We stand and she goes over and hugs him. "Twice a week?" he asks.

"Can we do three?" she asks.

He nods. "Of course" He walks us to the door. "Are you two together?" he asks quietly to me.

I nod. "Yep"

"Well atleast there's something that makes her happy at home, her being without her family and all" I nod. He pats my shoulder. "Keep her safe"

"I will" I reply. He nods and lets me go as I go and join Katniss where she's waiting for me.

She hugs me. "Thank you, for getting me out. He helps me a lot, he's more of a family than everyone else"

"It's okay Katniss. I did it because I love and care for you" I say and hug her back.

She stands on the tips of her toes as she leans up and gives me a quick kiss.

"Piggyback?" I ask her. She nods excitedly as she jumps onto my back. She rests her head on my shoulder as she has her arms loosely around my neck to hold onto.