Chapter 37

-Peeta's POV-

I sit in the living room, thinking about what just happened. I feel a tap on my knee and then someone crawling into my lap. They pull my hands off my face and I'm met to see the blue sparking eyes of Amy.

"I'm sorry" she says as her eyes tear up.

"What for?" I ask.

"For making Katniss leave"

"It's it's only a little fight, you'll see her tomorrow" I smile truthfully.

-Haymitch's POV-

I walk into the mental home, Katniss has calmed down a bit but it still trying to get out of my arms. I walk to the front desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman at the desk asks.

"I would like to put my niece in here please, I can't look after her I have a baby of my own and her family died twelve years ago"

"Right I understand" she pauses. "Cressida, would you be able to take these suitcases to room twenty three with them please?" The woman who I'm guessing is Cressida comes over and picks up her suitcases and leads us to her room. We lock her door behind us and I put her down and then put her clothes away. Cressida is back by the entrance.

Once I've finished I give her a hug and leave, locking her did door behind her. I walk over to the desk again before leaving. "Oh hello again, something wrong?"

"Oh no, I would just like to say, if any visitors come in asking to see her then don't let them. She doesn't want any visitors of it's me"

"That's fine" she smiles. I nod and leave. I know it wasn't the right thing to but I don't want to risk leaving her on her own in the house.

I go to my car and get set for my long journey home.

~two days later~

-Peeta's POV-

I hear a knock on the door. I race over and open it, hoping it's Katniss. But it's the group. I sigh.

"Hey, don't look too excited to see us" Finnick chuckles.

"Yeah, sorry" I say scratching the back of my head.

"You seem caught up with something, what's wrong?"

"I haven't seen Katniss since i've brought her back. Yeah, we argued but I don't know where she is. I know Haymitch has gone back home, she would have come back over by now"

"Has anyone seen her since you last saw her?"

"Well after she ran off, Gale phoned me saying he and Cashmere had ran into Katniss. Haymitch left to go get her after coming back and not being able to find her and I havent seen her since" I shrug.

"So Haymitch was the last to see her?" Johanna asks. I nod.

"Why don't we ask if Haymitch said anything to Gale and Cashmere?" Madge suggests.

"Good idea! Where would they be?" Marvel says.

"Park" I say."He always goes to the park on a Tuesday" We all run out the door and over the road to the park. We see Gale and Cashmere aitting on a bench by the pond. We walk over.

"Gale, Cashmere?" Finnick says. They turn around and look at us.

"Where's Katniss?" Madge asks. They both look ro each other.

"I don't know" they say shrugging.

"I know you're lying Gale, please tell me"

He sighs. "Haymitch took her to the mental home"

Our mouthes drop open. "What?!" They nod.

"She was going crazy, no one knew what was wrong with her"

"Come on!" I say to the others, we all get in Finnick's car and drive to the home.

When we get there is a cream colour with hardly any windows and if there are they have bars in front of them. We press the buzzer at the door and walk in, there's lots of people walking around. It kind of loots like an old peoples home where they can walk around on their free will but it's a mental one for all ages.

We walk up to the desk. "How can I help you?" the lady asks.

"Katniss Everdeen?"

"Room twenty-six"

"Thank you" I say and walk down the hall. We reach her room, it's a white door.

KATNISS EVERDEEN
DEPRESSION AND PTSD
GONE INSANE

I feel a wave of sadness looking at what the sign says. I knock on the door and go to open it when I hear a voice.

"Haven't you read the sign? People are afraid to go in with her, she was screaming and thrashing around in the mans arms when he brought her here. She constantly screams saying she wants to die. She keeps screaming this boys name too, Peeta? Saying she never should of trusted him or loved him because he never felt the same way? I don't know" he shakes his head "She's crazy" he warns and walks off. I look to the others and gulp.

I don't know whether it's sunk in yet, but I'm actually starting to believe she's actually gone insane..

❤💔❤💔❤💔❤💔❤💔

poor Peeta😣😢

❤❤thank you so much for 1k votes! It means so much to me that so many people like and vote for this book❤❤

🎤And the scars that mark my body, They're silver and gold🎤