Chapter 29

-Peeta's POV-

I look into her weak, stormy-grey eyes as they fill with tears. We both can't move, her because she's so weak and stiff and me because of her condition. She doesn't look lke the happy girl she turned into, she looks broken. Again.

She can't move anything, not even her head to look at me properly. She's straining her eyes to look at me. Just seeing her like this is breaking me. I feel the tears well up in my eyes, my eyesight now blury. I quickly blink so I can see, the tears make a path down my face and drip onto my neck, making a sticky path on my face and neck.

I take her hand and lace our fingers together, I rub my thumb gently on her cold hand. I stand up and sit on her bed so she can see my easily. She doesn't look at me though, she looks at our entwined fingers and slimes a small smile.

She looks up at me. She then lifts her hand thats entwined with mine slightly and puts it back on the bed, gesturing for me to lie down with her. "You want me to lie with you?" she smiles, confirming that I got it right. I get go of out hands joined and lift her up slightly so I can sit. I put her back down in between my legs as she rests her arms on them and gently moves her stif fingers along my legs as my arms wrap around her waist, holding her up as her head rests on my chest with her eyes closed. I gently run my fingers over her stomach as she smiles. I kiss her forehead. "I love you so much, I don't know what I'd do if you died" I mumble in her ear then kiss her cheek.

Her fingers stop running on my legs and her breathing becomes lighter. I look down to see her sleeping. I rest my cheek on the top of her head, the only sound you can hear is her heart monitor.

Not long after the group come in, laughing and talking loudly. I feel Katniss start to stir, I start stroking her stomach again, knowing it makes her fall asleep. I look up to the other and put my finger to my lips. "Shh!" They all go silent and Finnick brings a bag off food over. I take it and they go and sit on the sofa on the other side of the room.

I quietly open it so I don't wake her up. That's until Marvel starts talking. "Why are you being so quiet? She's unconcious Peet" I roll my eyes at him. I feel something on my legs, I look down to see Katniss' fingers stroking my legs again. I continue to open the bag but I stop when I feel eyes on me. I look over my shoulder to see Katniss watching me. I kiss her head and she smiles. I carry on opening it. I take my food out and put it on her lap as I put the bag in the chair. I wrap my arms around her as I open my burger.

I kiss her earlobe, "You want some chips?" I whisper into her ear. She smiles and nods slightly. I get some chips and put one in her mouth at a time, she chews them slowly as I eat my burger.

The other stand up and walk over as I feed her a chip. "She's awake?!" they exclaim.

"Yeah, she has been since you've left. She woke up five minutes after you left"

"Oh" they say. She slowly chews on her chip as I take the last mouthful of my burger. They all sit in the seats around her. After she's eaten around three quaters of the chips she turns to her side and snuggles into me. I lift her up as I close my legs and sit her on my lap and she snuggles her head into my chest and cuddles my jumper.